• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Peachs Toad Move deconfirm Toad? Will Sakurai change It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do not think it deconfirms him by any means, but I don't think it will be changed. (Shame, since Toadsworth really makes more sense anyways.) I still see the blue color of Toad being the default one, though.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Didn't Sakurai say that Peach's moves may not be final and changed in the final game? I believe he stated this in the Miiverse post announcing Peach, meaning that the "Toad" move may be subject to change and have Peach use Toadsworth, a different Toad/character/object, or a completely new move to replace the red Toad she used in Melee and Brawl. Either he was referencing this move, possibly hinting at his inclusion, or it's a different move and we're all over-speculating.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Didn't Sakurai say that Peach's moves may not be final and changed in the final game? I believe he stated this in the Miiverse post announcing Peach, meaning that the "Toad" move may be subject to change and have Peach use Toadsworth, a different Toad/character/object, or a completely new move to replace the red Toad she used in Melee and Brawl. Either he was referencing this move, possibly hinting at his inclusion, or it's a different move and we're all over-speculating.
I honestly don't think it's even necessary to change it, really. Even if Toad does gets in. There are multiple toads with the red spots and blue jacket in Mario canon, anyways.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be optimistic and not say that all of Toad's chances are gone.

He is a long-time Mario character and, thus, he stands out among the crowds of Mario characters. Sakurai also said that Peach's moves might get refreshed, so we might see changes with Peach as time goes on. For all we know, Toad could currently a placeholder for Peach's neutral special and will change aesthetically later on. Besides, there were some changes in Brawl over time. (I think Snake's mines were once realistic but that changed in the final game)

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Both of you are right, and as I've seen in some rosters recently, Toad was included, but it was the blue one from SMB2, NSMBW(U), and SM3DW, meaning that Toad can still be included as both Peach's move, and as a playable character only with a simple color difference.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread has little to do with Peach and more to do with Toad...

I believe the Toad thread should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom