• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Olimar have a Chain grab?

Milk

Smash Rookie
I been playing computers and even my friends, and its either they are not D.Iing at all or properly, or possible that it does work. Doing Olimar's down throw I was able to grab people like fox, about 3 times before his % was high enough for him to escape, the same went for other characters. I guess that he has a decent chain grab that can comb into a fair if done right and possible other punishable moves. If this is true, then that would be so awesome, if anyone could support my reason or have proof by video that would be most awesome. I have a feeling that Olimar can chain grab.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
You may want to check out Textbook Ninja's video of a quasi chain grab he was pulling off a couple weeks ago, I know the video is linked in the video thread at least. It sounds simmilar to what your were talking about, however he DThrow -> FAir each time, not DThrow -> DThrow -> DThrow -> Whatever. Unfortunately it turned out that what became named the Textbook Combo was actually not too hard to escape, making it not a chain throw but still something incredible to pull off. If you can get some video of it or just really work on using it against your friends I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested in the results, especially since we still have till sunday till we can start playing.

-True

Milk

Smash Rookie
Ok cool, I'll have to check out the videos, but I know for sure that Olimar is a chain grab freak, plus running and grabbing is insane seeing how its confusing to tell his attacks apart since the majority involve pikimin. But ya thanks for the info TrueRedemption, hopefully soon me and my crew will get vids up soon.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Haha hate to disappoint you guys but you didn't quite read/look closely enough. This really isn't a true combo or chain grab, its escapable at multiple different points. I was just saying it was something to look at when comparing your ideas, as you can see theres chance for Textbook's opponents to jump, air dodge, roll, for it really to be a chain grab or combo it has to eliminate these chances, not an easy thing to do at all! So while i'm not 100% positive that olimar doesn't have a chain throw, its not looking to likely. However if your dthrow dthrow dthrow is working, you should show us a video and we'll all look closely to see if its for sure or not.

-True

Milk

Smash Rookie
ya I believe your right about the video, I mean now that i see it again there are ways to get out of it. But still, like I said once, it can open possibilities for future combos, I've notice that down tilt to forward air works on most people, plus using olimar's n-air is acutally really good, i once did n-air, n-air, n-air to forward air, I'm sure that a basic combo. I'm working ona combs as i speak for olimar, once I get a hold of my friend we can fix them up for video display. As for the chain grab for d-throw, i do it about two-three times then ending with a f-air the percentage gets to high and they can D.I better, or of course I believe they can still get out by jumping...-_-....oh well just need to put it to action.

Top Bottom