• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Lucario's announcement help the chances of other Brawl Fighters returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
As most of you know Lucario is back, aswell as Toon Link. These were characters some people thought would be cut but ended up being playable again. My question is does this help the chances of other brawl characters coming back like Ike, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer etc?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't say that. Lucario's return doesn't hint that the other "chopping block" characters are in the clear, the perceived negatives that are brought up against those characters are still there regardless of if he or Toon Link are in. It may hint that we won't get nearly as many cuts (or hopefully no cuts) as we thought, but unfortunately it doesn't completely erase the possibility either.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say that. Lucario's return doesn't hint that the other "chopping block" characters are in the clear, the perceived negatives that are brought up against those characters are still there regardless of if he or Toon Link are in. It may hint that we won't get nearly as many cuts (or hopefully no cuts) as we thought, but unfortunately it doesn't completely erase the possibility either.
Yeah I never said that he instantly means everyone else is coming back, but I was just wondering whether it helped others chances slightly, didn't sakurai say something about not wanting to cut someones favourite character or something like that

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Isn't it obvious? Sakurai revealed Toon Link ages ago and now he's randomly revealed Lucario on the anniversary of Brawl. He's clearly saying there are no cuts.

[collapse=] :troll: [/collapse]

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah I never said that he instantly means everyone else is coming back, but I was just wondering whether it helped others chances slightly, didn't sakurai say something about not wanting to cut someones favourite character or something like that
That wasn't my intent to make it sound like you did and I apologize if it came off that way, I just meant that for those characters their supposed troubles are still present.

Also, yeah he mentioned he didn't want to cut characters and he'd work his hardest to get as many in as possible, but he also did apologize ahead of time just in case it didn't work out.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
That wasn't my intent to make it sound like you did and I apologize if it came off that way, I just meant that for those characters their supposed troubles are still present.

Also, yeah he mentioned he didn't want to cut characters and he'd work his hardest to get as many in as possible, but he also did apologize ahead of time just in case it didn't work out.
Well that's always good news :)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
There will be no cuts from Brawl plus Mewtwo will return.

I feel it in my bones.
yeah I really hope so and it's really looking like it, the next reveal will probably be brawl character Diddy Kong so thats always good news for the others

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would say it certainly helps Ike. It shows that "characters of the hour" are still important and likely won't be cut.
That being said I think it helps Mewtwo's chances a little. :troll:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I never have understood why everyone thought that Lucario was likely to be cut. He's practically a highlighted character in the main series Pokemon games. In Black/White 2, they place a Riolu early in the game so you can have Lucario later. In X/Y, they literally give you a Lucario as your introduction to Mega Evolution. So, I get confused when he is referred to as the "flavor of the month" considering he's been able to stick around and remains one of the most popular Pokemon (as opposed to Jigglypuff).

Also, I believe Toon Link stuck around because Nintendo decided to remake his game, so he was still fairly important. Every character is going to have a different story.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I never have understood why everyone thought that Lucario was likely to be cut. He's practically a highlighted character in the main series Pokemon games. In Black/White 2, they place a Riolu early in the game so you can have Lucario later. In X/Y, they literally give you a Lucario as your introduction to Mega Evolution. So, I get confused when he is referred to as the "flavor of the month" considering he's been able to stick around and remains one of the most popular Pokemon (as opposed to Jigglypuff).

Also, I believe Toon Link stuck around because Nintendo decided to remake his game, so he was still fairly important. Every character is going to have a different story.
I think everyone thought Sakurai was going to do fan service and replace Son Goku with Mewtwo.

Gune

Smash Lord
I said this a long time ago and it's being proved true with every vet reveal, sakurai loves the brawl cast he said it himself it was his favorite roster in the series so far he isn't going to let these charecters get cut if he can help it, so yes in a way. Lucario being revealed does help other vets chances.

Gune

Smash Lord
No, Lucario's reveal does not help other returning veterans. It only alters our perception on what is feasible.
That is true seeing as Lucario was never really in danger just a lot of people wanted him cut for a different pokemon/Mewtwo and Same with toon link people wanted him cut because he was a clone, both super high on cut lists yet two of the most likely to return.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
That is true seeing as Lucario was never really in danger just a lot of people wanted him cut for a different pokemon/Mewtwo and Same with toon link people wanted him cut because he was a clone, both super high on cut lists yet two of the most likely to return.
Really the only characters I don't mind getting cut are Snake, Lucas, and Wolf.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i do want lucas, falco, ike, g&w, and wolf to come back.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I don't really think it helps all the characters from brawl, but more of the unique ones. . .but then again took link so it could just be Sakurai is returning as many as possible

Hong

The Strongest
We try not to contaminate pre and post release discussion, and bumping threads in general is discouraged.

Closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom