• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Ike still have Super Armor?

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
When I use his Aether or Eruption, I don't think the super armor on those moves work the same compared to Brawl. Can anyone confirm this?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've heard that Eruption only has armor once it's fully charged, or very near fully charged. I wouldn't know, since when I use Eruption, either:

*I use an uncharged Eruption to catch opponents off guard from the air
*I use Eruption on the edge of the stage and whiff
*I use Eruption on the edge of the stage and blow them away

I've never been hit out of it while charging, really. Punished? Yes, but that's obviously irrelevant.

I think Aether still has some form of armor, though I'm not sure which frames. Seems like it might be on the very start of the attack, or the part where he re-grabs Ragnell.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Eruption actually still hast those SA frames, but only near the end of the charge.
Never managed to use them until now, because most of the time I use Eruption is for edgeguarding and either I hit or I whiff and get punished afterwards.

Last edited:

genesis_SOC

Smash Cadet
NNID
genesis_SOC
Only SA when has been charged awhile, I think Ike blinks to show he has it. I really think they should've kept it exactly like Brawl, it certainly wasn't OP or needed early SA frames removed. I mean they remove Eruption's early SA but then give Little Mac SA on his smashed? Pretty silly.

Aether still has SA in it but it's a little more strict I think.

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
Ike only has super armor starting his aether. Once the leap starts he's vulnerable to knockback. Tbh this is fine since you can space aether a bit around the edge while still getting the grab on the ledge.

D

Deleted member 269706

I was playing a Little Mac the other day, doing Eruption to edge-guard while he was hanging there. He came up for the ledge-attack after a while, but the hit had no effect on me, and I was able to KO him with the hit. I'm also pretty sure that Aether has super armor, but it seems a little off. There have been instances where I've taken damage but no knockback, and times where I have been kicked out of the attack. Still trying to figure it out for sure, but to answer your question, yes, he does have Super Armor in certain situations.

Top Bottom