• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does For Glory Record even matter?

Troyfullbuster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Troyfullbuster
Honestly like it seems cool and all to have a stat chart but it seems pretty pointless and also the fact most people scoff at it.
I was trying to go 1000-99 (something similar to my MvC2 which meant something) but stopped at 1044-132. I think the only good thing is it is a good change of pace but I want to know how people view For Glory? I enjoy it, but honestly don't know lol!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I like For Glory as an entryway for competitive smash. But it's lacking (stage selection isn't complete, imo) and the fact that you can't communicate with your opponent is a shame.

I prefer using sites like Anther's Ladder for my competitive gaming needs. I feel so much more free than in For Glory, there.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
That's up to you.

If you want to play while keeping the best record possible, you can. If you want to just play without paying any mind to the record, you can. Doesn't really make a difference. You're the only one that can see it and it doesn't affect anything.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
With the lack of some stages, online lag, what other people already said here, and people who just suicide, your for glory record is not really that important (for some). It is more like a personal achievement.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is like people talking about K/D in shooters. Recent BF games sort of made it better with squad points since that meant you were doing stuff that benefited the team instead of sitting around and sniping stuff or whatever like swimming...

It depends. For some, it's like a way to boost their self-esteem, others see it as a way to gauge their performance and use it as a way to improve along with the replay function, and some just don't really care.

I don't really care since lag already makes up about 30% - 50% of my losses. The rest is just plain being bad, facing an unfamiliar match-up, facing a pro, and being stupid. Hey, a ledge, let's walk off... I don't know, I have those moments were I just do stupid things for the hell of it. I mean, how would you react to a dude shooting a LMG randomly in the air or constantly in front of him for no reason?

From another standpoint, my competitive scene began with MAG where deaths didn't really matter as long as you weren't dying constantly for no reason and that your deaths benefited the team in some way like being a decoy. I remember drawing attention to myself or taking out enemies so my team could have an easier time. So, it created a mindset of fun first, team/victory second, and records last. It's how I've played ever since MAG. It's dead by the way; interesting game with a cool idea, but it wasn't popular like PlanetSide.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
It means nothing. After 1000 matches I got bored and started beating people using nothing but jabs, tilts, and fire breath. No dashing/running either, just walking..........menacingly. With Bowser. That's how bad it is.

NairWizard

Somewhere
How good you were in the past never matters.

What matters is how good you are now.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I had some fun with For Glory but recently decided to stop upon the realization that even the CPUs seem challenging compared to most of the players there, unfortunately.

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
Throw this thread back in the garbage

Vierge

#1******
Switch FC
3850 4617 0606
I don't have my Wii U anymore unfortunately, but are the servers for SSB4 still up?

1FC0

Smash Lord
For Glory is the ultimate test of skill and wisdom. Final Destination is the most glorious stage and turning every stage into Final Destination combines the diversity of the stage roster with the glory of Final Destination.

Last edited:
Top Bottom