• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Diddy remind anyone of the SSB 64 Pikachu?

miller483

Smash Ace
Let's think about it:

• His small size (obviously)
  • Diddy's use of his tail for a lot of attacks
  • His speed
  • His overall pwnliness (lol)

That's all I could think of. I think I just might be looking too much into it though. :laugh:

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Haha, a little bit, maybe. I think their running speed/animations are faily similar, and they do use their tails a lot, but everything else is pretty deviant.

- Electric rodent vs Monkey
- No clothes vs Clothes
- No technology vs Guns and jetpacks

The list goes on, but I think I get what you're saying, especially when it comes to their pwnliness. :p

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
All i saw from the title of this thread was "does diddy remind anyone.."

I immediately thought of pika from 64.
I hope he plays like him and i see some resemblance but i didn't play the demo

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
If anything he is like Fox. Similar Side B recovery, quick, His Up special works similar to foxes, and of course a gun-like projectile.

Whos with me on this o_o

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Look beyond physical appearance. His aerial game may be similar to SSB64's Pikachu, as his good horizontal speed in the air may allow him to carry opponents out of the stage like Pika was able to. Their nairs seem similar too.

In those respects, I do see some similarities.

Top Bottom