• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does DDD have an Up-throw?

ook

Smash Lord
I've never seen anyone use it, and it's not even in the FAQ.... Everyone just always uses the down-throw stomp.

Are up-throws even in brawl anymore? If they are, how come no one ever uses DDD's?

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen anyone use it, and it's not even in the FAQ.... Everyone just always uses the down-throw stomp.

Are up-throws even in brawl anymore? If they are, how come no one ever uses DDD's?

wtf.................................................why would they take out upthrows, yeah ddd has one, look for the guide that isnt stickied, it shows every move he has.
i forget what its called, something like BHOM guide...
you made me laugh man, no one uses it because honestly the other throws can be lead into combos, up throw is kinda, meh.

he just kind've "shoves" them in an upwards direction with both of his flipper hand things.

ill link the guide if i find it

ook

Smash Lord
Lol, I just saw a video where he did it. Yeah I wouldn't think they would take out the up-throw, but I just thought it was strange how nobody ever even mentions it, and it's not in the sticky guide (which has every other move)

I guess it doesn't look that great, but couldn't you maybe combo it into an up-air or something? At the very least the other person wouldn't expect it....

CO18

Smash Hero
Whoa WTH? Thanks for making this.... I didnt even notice I didnt have it in the guide. :ohwell:

My bad.

But yeah he does have one and its not bad..

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I just saw a video where he did it. Yeah I wouldn't think they would take out the up-throw, but I just thought it was strange how nobody ever even mentions it, and it's not in the sticky guide (which has every other move)

I guess it doesn't look that great, but couldn't you maybe combo it into an up-air or something? At the very least the other person wouldn't expect it....
yep, at low percents i bet its good to combo, but after that...i wouldnt use it!
sorry if i sounded like an *******, but the thought of ddd not having an upthrow made me chuckle like a drunken bard!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I use up throw with DDD vs space animals, then short hop autocancel fair in case they decide to not jump, and then I have position advantage. Most of the time I use back throw for it's guaranteed 16%, or throwing them off the stage. Depends the situation, up throw isn't completely useless mid stage vs spacies though, although it is quite terrible.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
his down throw only does 8 damage at max power, and averages out at 6, I think up does like 10 or something similar, F throw 13 and back throw 16. After a point down throw isn't always the best option, although much of the time it is if you are trying to follow up

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i...actually agree with Mew2King on this one...bthrow is mad damage, and can kill at higher percentages, and sets up for edgeguarding. i didn't know about the uthrow thing against the space animals, but i never use that throw anyway. maybe i'll try that...

Top Bottom