• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Bowsercide count as a KO?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Only important for timed matches, but if you Bowsercide someone, what happens with the score? I haven't seen it in a video of a timed match yet.

Thanks!

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
KO plus suicide. So the score would depend on how much suicides take away from your score.
I see. Suicide gives a point to whoever dealt you more damage, right? So if suicide is -1 and KO is +1, would each player gain and loose a point?

Thanks for the help!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You opponent ould lose a point and you lose/gain 0. Its the equivalent of them suiciding

asam28

Smash Rookie
soo basically if youre about to lose a stock and theyre nowhere near death, you can just equalize it yourself? +it hurts their score? rigged

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
You can choose how to set the SD scoring (at least, you could in melee). When we switched to playing time for 3 people (so my roommate would stop complaining about always being the first one out), we realized that the default was -1, which made it always beneficial to kill yourself at high percentages. This way, you still get a -1 to your score, but no one else gets a +1. At this point, we switched it to -2 to cut out the shenanigans.

So:
By default, SD's are -1 (or were in melee terms, haven't played Brawl enough for a definitive answer on its SD system), meaning Bowercide would be a +1 for you -1 for them for killing them, and then a -1 for you for dying, resulting in a net of +0 for you and -1 for them. If you turn SD's to -2, it would result in -1 for both players. This seems like the balanced way to go, so bowser can't just arbitrarily decide "OK, taking your score down a couple of points now".

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Bowsercides can be DI'ed out of though, so you have to be near an edge and your opponent has to be slow on his fingers to kill EASILY a Bowsercide. Whenever I tried it I only managed to succeed if my friends didn't realize what I was doing until I was going down.

Valentinez_Speshul

Smash Cadet
got a friend who does it for the last stock and manages to always die last meanin he wins a match with stock so we both go off but he doesnt die...he took 3 stock from a friend of mine that way goin to upload it later

Top Bottom