• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does anyone play shoddy? (online pokemon)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm pretty bored and i just downloaded it again...i havent played since 2008

i want to play UU since looking through these new tiers it looks way more fun

anyone?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Lol underused has always been more centralized than Ubers, and that's saying quite a bit.

I played Ubers until Platinum came out and they decided to give Dialga and every other Dragon type in the game Outrage.

Have fun playing the same thing over and over again with no hope of remorse :) I'll get back into it when Soul Silver comes out in America

stingers

Smash Obsessed
whats UU centralized around??

cresselia seems pretty broken :/ back when I played when the game came out, cresselia was on everyones OU teams and she was hard to kill...idk what changed

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
we had a thread about this a while back... forgot about it.

I was actually playing just yesterday. I'm pretty terrible and I don't really try to be good either. Something about watching people's reactions to things I do -in game- makes me happy.

I'm "Tekami" on there btw

Rayku

Smash Lord
Wait WHAT?! Cresselia and Porygon-Z are UNDERUSED?

Lmaolofl Smogon's a bunch of -morons-. People want to laugh at a community, laugh at THOSE guys xDDDD

Best part about it is that Raikou is still BL and he's one of the most underrated Pokemon I've ever had the pleasure of playing with.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Oh? I remember right before I quit, they eliminated the BL tier completely. Pretty chaotic.

Have fun with your tainted over centralized UU metagame though =/

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean i don't really see whats wrong with it >.> besides absol being the only counter i can find to cresselia loooool

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
*shrug* I always liked Smogon except for the occasional elitism but that's @ nearly every site I can think of for something like this (including ours...)

Stingers what's your name on Shoddy?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Raikou is UU now.

Laugh. Out. Loud. I was told by a Smogoner he would never even be considered for UU.

Seems like UU is the place to be now. You've got so many OP pieces of crap in there that previous powerhouses like Hitmonlee and Steelix (in UU) are completely overshadowed.

@TRC: Occasional? I got suspended from Smogon because I put up a RMT thread. I -studied- the guidelines so it would be proper. I've even met some Smogoners before. They won't do anything past look at you if they don't deem you "worthy."

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I think you guys might be morons myself.

There's a very good reason why cresselia isn't that good anymore.

Scizor

Giving scizor bullet punch in platinum sky rocketed his usage, and with that came alot of scizors with x scissor. The only way cresselia can hope to compete is with HP fire, but that invites ttar and weavile to stomp on you all day.

cresselia has a very marked weakness and can't cover them all. She gets fully countered by a couple of pokemon without the right set, and the issue is that alot of those counters are on teams together.

with that said, cress is still very good and i personally have her on my team, and I wouldnt have it any other way. I just have infernape to cover scizor ;)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
believe it or not, not all of us know specific counters to specific pokemon...i just know cress is mad good

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Giving scizor bullet punch in platinum sky rocketed his usage, and with that came alot of scizors with x scissor.
X-scissor? Do you also give him Wing Attack while you are at it? Its Bug Buzz or U-turn all day, and 95 percent of the time, its U-turn.

Not to mention the biggest reason why Cresselia can't hang in OU, Scizor's Technican boosted Pursuit on the choice band set. THAT'S what keeps psyhic types at bay. If you could just switch out of him it wouldn't be a big deal, but to be pursuited like a mother ****ed, that's just no fun.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Its Bug Buzz all day
I stopped reading here, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about when you say to give Scizor a special type move

XIF, the main reason I think Smogon is a bunch of idiots when working with the tier list is because they ONLY go off of usage. There is absolutely no other catalyst that determines anything when placing a Pokemon on there.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I stopped reading here, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about when you say to give Scizor a special type move

XIF, the main reason I think Smogon is a bunch of idiots when working with the tier list is because they ONLY go off of usage. There is absolutely no other catalyst that determines anything when placing a Pokemon on there.
The problem is that people treat it like there is more to the Pokemon tier list. You would have to admit that it would be pretty impractical to make a Pokemon tier list in a traditional sense.

Also it has been proven that certain pokemon have to be in a team higher than what it was designed for. Since starmie and forester are the only pokemon with the stats to battle it out in uber they are considered better when in reality they are only decent.

I might have not made much sense.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Whoa man, shut the **** up, I'm drunk here. I used the wrong name. Its some attack in got in HG/SS, Bug Bite maybe? I don't know, I'd have to look it up. Honestly, X-scizor is a horrible choice for Scizor. I don't care what you say, Xif is wrong on this one, I never see a Scizor with X-scizor and if I recall correctly, 95 percent or something like that was listed on Shoddy as having had U-turn. So yeah, **** off ya dumb *****. There is only 1 Scizor set. Anything else is used for surprise factor.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its my first time, and I feel so good too hahaha. I feel like dudely. I'm so **** proper. What's weird is I'm usually a horrible typer, misspellings and misuses all over the place, unless I'm debating. Oh well.

If anyone is up for OU or NU I'm up, but my schedule is really tight because of work.

Rayku

Smash Lord
LOL. Great excuse. "I'm drunk, that relieves me of all idiocy." Stop posting if you don't want to be considered an idiot in that case.

It's Bug Bite you're thinking of. The main Scizor set is Choice Band. The "surprise factor" set is the one that was widely popular when Platinum came out, which is just the basic SwordsDance sweeper variant, which DID have X-Scissor/U-turn before Soul Silver came out

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
lol Bug Buzz for Scizor. hahaha... I wish... I hate Scizor so much that I sometimes make things switch to HP Fire if they're carrying a different HP... but it's nothing compared to my hatred of Jirachi.

The usage tiers always made sense to me, but maybe that's cause I secretly want Heracross in UU and I stopped using him in hopes I could contribute to this :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well you should play uu with me then you dont have to deal with scizor anymore :3

i played some ladder yesterday and I won about 40% of my matches...not bad for a noob i guess

i 6 stocked (i guess thats how you'd say it? lol) someone once too it was so satisfying.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
whats UU centralized around??

cresselia seems pretty broken :/ back when I played when the game came out, cresselia was on everyones OU teams and she was hard to kill...idk what changed
Cresselia gets ***** by Sandstorm, especially Tyranitar, and those teams are really popular. :/

And I approve of the new main, stingers.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
:D

hopefully I can try out my pt at a tournament this weekend
there was a tournament last weekend I was at but there wasn't really alot of people for me to play so what little experience I got doesnt really count lol

Rayku

Smash Lord
Close, stingers. They're called "X-Y," where X is your remaining Pokemon and Y is the opponent's

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
LOL. Great excuse. "I'm drunk, that relieves me of all idiocy." Stop posting if you don't want to be considered an idiot in that case.
except it was putting the wrong attack and wasn't stupidity. Stupidity does not equal misspeaking.

as a side note, why does no one talk about pokemon in the sub forum here to talk about pokemon? beats me.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I think you guys might be morons myself.

There's a very good reason why cresselia isn't that good anymore.

Scizor

Giving scizor bullet punch in platinum sky rocketed his usage, and with that came alot of scizors with x scissor. The only way cresselia can hope to compete is with HP fire, but that invites ttar and weavile to stomp on you all day.

cresselia has a very marked weakness and can't cover them all. She gets fully countered by a couple of pokemon without the right set, and the issue is that alot of those counters are on teams together.

with that said, cress is still very good and i personally have her on my team, and I wouldnt have it any other way. I just have infernape to cover scizor ;)
xif, why have I never played you in Pokemon?

precision

Smash Cadet
you are all noobs. shoddy sucks. pwo is the good stuff. 420guillotine forever. ****.

Rayku

Smash Lord
For some reason Shoddy just refuses to work at any reasonable speed for me. Could just be the amount of people on it, but it wouldn't even load certain things.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I was talking about Scizor before HG/SS, since I was assuming that we were discussing why cress fell in usage in the first place.

I'm not terribly familiar with the HG/SS metagame yet, mainly because I cant use my laptop that often and plus I havent been on shoddy for a minute.

And regardless of X scissor or bug bite, Scizor just has typing that wrecks cress, resists her stab and has stab SE bug moves, plus much more attack than a standard cress can handle after all the damage boosts from stab, SE, LO, and possibly a SD.

For me, it's all about infernape. Infernape IMO is a match ender. Infernape @ LO with NP, flamethrower, grassknot, and close combat can run teams once dragons are out of the way.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
HG/SS didn't seem to change all that much for OU in my eyes. The occasional Honchkrow or Crobat with Brave Bird (I almost typed Big Bird, lol) and yeah Bug Bite for Scizor but really that doesn't even come out often. Most Scizor ever does is Bullet Punch anyway.

Rayku

Smash Lord
My friend and I just built this fun team yesterday. I'm probably going to make it in-game, too. Hit me up on AIM if you ever want to Pokemon Battle @ raykuthunder

Choice Specs Latias is way more powerful than I expected her to be.

Top Bottom