• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone know how to fix the rubber pad on the analog stick on the gc controller?

SaiyanMario

Smash Rookie
I've been thinkink of using gorilla glue mostly because I do not want to go thru the risk of taking the controller apart.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Gluing can be moderate, you need a specific amount in, and how strong it is. It would have you redo the process of sticking the pad on after a set of time, but it is an easier option that you could go for. The other option is taking apart the controller and putting in a new control stick. Gamecube controllers are easy to take apart as long as you are careful and know your main goal. (Wii nunchuck analog sticks can by removed and replace the gamecube analog stick too. This is good for customization if you are into it.) Naturally it depends on you, I know you don't want taking apart the controller but I'm just giving details.

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I tried it, it does well for a while then completely rips off. In short, it hardens then break into small pieces.

There are a few options for you... you can either get a spare controller and open them both a replace the sticks, get a new controller or replace your stick with a 3rd party/nunchuk/ps3 stick.

For the first two options you can get them for pretty cheap on eBay and other sites (check my sig). And don't be afraid to open your controllers, it's pretty intuitive inside, there's nothing really strange going on and it's sturdy.

SaiyanMario

Smash Rookie
I tried it, it does well for a while then completely rips off. In short, it hardens then break into small pieces.

There are a few options for you... you can either get a spare controller and open them both a replace the sticks, get a new controller or replace your stick with a 3rd party/nunchuk/ps3 stick.

For the first two options you can get them for pretty cheap on eBay and other sites (check my sig). And don't be afraid to open your controllers, it's pretty intuitive inside, there's nothing really strange going on and it's sturdy.
K, do you know any place that can take the gc controller apart and replace the part for you

SaiyanMario

Smash Rookie
Gluing can be moderate, you need a specific amount in, and how strong it is. It would have you redo the process of sticking the pad on after a set of time, but it is an easier option that you could go for. The other option is taking apart the controller and putting in a new control stick. Gamecube controllers are easy to take apart as long as you are careful and know your main goal. (Wii nunchuck analog sticks can by removed and replace the gamecube analog stick too. This is good for customization if you are into it.) Naturally it depends on you, I know you don't want taking apart the controller but I'm just giving details.
So should I try taking it apart? If I should do you have any good instructions or guides.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
First of all get a trwi-wing screwdriver from eBay, they usually sell for a few dollars, nothing expensive. Then you are set to clean/repair your controllers anytime. Don't bring them to a store they do a terrible job and put some 3rd party sticks that doesn't fit well.

For the controller, it's actually very easy to open it up. You remove the screws, then the motherboard from the controller, as the stick is on the other side. You pull on the stick, then place the other one and you're done. You put back everything in its spot and you're good to go.

Top Bottom