• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Does anyone know a place to get decent GCN controllers?

Kplmondo

Smash Rookie
I mean a controller actually tested by pros for Smash, seriously I am at my wits end with it, I have bought like 5-6 different gamecube controllers in 2017, and every single one had a control stick issue, be it drifting in a direction or snapback in the other direction... I just can't find one that's made right...

Is there some well known place to get one that I can rely on that I am missing?

Does anyone else get these sort of problems with their new controllers?

I've mostly tried buying from controller chaos and amazon (the new white smash controller)

(I am in the UK, so if you know somewhere closer to me that would be preferred of course, but I am willing to get one couriered to me from America too if need be)

Thanks to anyone with useful info in advance!

Jfresh

Smash Rookie
check ebay for listings. can usually find semi-good controllers on there or at least functional ones. sometimes you'll even see the smash controllers (which usually go for $100+ on amazon) being on sale for half that or even less like $30

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
If you have a very specific idea of what you want your analog stick to feel like, you have to comparison test a lot of different controllers to find the right feel. I believe Armada does the same thing with his controller, and he dropped out of dream jack because of it.

Top Bottom