• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does anybody...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
awh D: well i guess i meant i did search but couldnt find it
In that case, most ZSS mains don't. The benefits gained by B-sticking for Zamus (easier b-reversals and recoil specials) don't outweigh the benefits of C-stick smashes (retreating fairs/back airs, ff uairs, easier pivot dsmashes, dashing usmashes, etc).

PeachyD00M

Smash Rookie
well i was mostly wondering because i used to play lucas alot, and i b-sticked with him, so it's not like i'm unfamiliar with not having c stick smashes. also i find that i'm having a hard time using the up B for combos because i accidently use the f-B D: alot.

I'm not amazing w/ her yet and just really wanna know if there was a control setting to make things more comfortable, i mean i'll expirement sure but any tips would be great... aaaaannnd let's face it, i'm having a hard time short hopping w/ ZSS D: (oddly i can do it w/ everyone else...) unless of course tap jump is good for that (i turn that off)

zero5

Smash Cadet
well i was mostly wondering because i used to play lucas alot, and i b-sticked with him, so it's not like i'm unfamiliar with not having c stick smashes. also i find that i'm having a hard time using the up B for combos because i accidently use the f-B D: alot.

I'm not amazing w/ her yet and just really wanna know if there was a control setting to make things more comfortable, i mean i'll expirement sure but any tips would be great... aaaaannnd let's face it, i'm having a hard time short hopping w/ ZSS D: (oddly i can do it w/ everyone else...) unless of course tap jump is good for that (i turn that off)

and short hopping with Zamus.. well.. haha.. if you think you didn't short hop.. well.. you did.. her short hop is high..

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
and short hopping with Zamus.. well.. haha.. if you think you didn't short hop.. well.. you did.. her short hop is high..
Yeah, I think a short hop with Zamus will bring you nearly level with the low platforms on Battlefield. This is unfortunate, as ZSS would benefit greatly from a lower short hop.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I just said this in another forum, but with practice you can do most anything that you would B-sticking that you could C-sticking. If it weren't for hyphen-dashing, it would be the same vice-versa.

ZSS loves her hyphens, though.

Edit: Yeah, I wish her shorthop was actually really short. It's the only thing that REALLY bothers me with her playstyle... (although, it's always fun to catch someone off-guard with a "short-hop dair", as useless and unnecessary as it is)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I just said this in another forum, but with practice you can do most anything that you would B-sticking that you could C-sticking. If it weren't for hyphen-dashing, it would be the same vice-versa.

ZSS loves her hyphens, though.

Edit: Yeah, I wish her shorthop was actually really short. It's the only thing that REALLY bothers me with her playstyle... (although, it's always fun to catch someone off-guard with a "short-hop dair", as useless and unnecessary as it is)
The upside to her having an incredibly high jump is... well, it's an incredibly high jump.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I don't have too much problem doing a short hop. Especially if I am against comps. (I don't get to play against ppl as much as I would like so I play against comps for something to do). And I mean a short short hop, not one of ZSS's normal large ones.

I can't always do it in a real battle if my opponent is putting pressure on me but that will come with more practice.

Top Bottom