• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dodged FSmash = bad?

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
When someone dodges Wolf's fsmash, is Wolf gonna get countered? Because I recall my fsmash getting dodged by a player (forgot the character, I think it was Link) and when he attacked, we simply canceled each other.

On a related note - is the tripping effect of fsmash dodge-able?

Mizar

Smash Ace
I think the first question depends on how fast your opponent is, but yeah it can be countered.
When they attack at the same time they will both get canceled. This was the same as in melee. ( or do you mean something else?)

And no, tripping has nothing to do with the counter.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Although the f-smash is fast, it's not impossible to avoid. Shielding from the attack is one way to avoid it. In fact, shielding and then grabbing is one scheme you can use when facing f-smash abusers.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
As far as the tripping mechanics of his fsmash - you have to be at pointblank range of your opponent and then use fsmash for tripping to work. As you know wolf's fsmash hits two times - if you're too close then only the first hit will touch your opponent - and you'll continue past him as he trips. If at the right spot you'll hit him twice but he won't trip.

A dodged Fsmash = bad for wolf. He's got some lag frames after that can be punished. It's not incredibly bad but there definitely is enough time for your opponent to hit you if they manage to dodge your fsmash.

Top Bottom