• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Does anyone here watch Doctor Who? If you do then that's great!

When have you started watching Doctor Who?
Who is your favorite incarnation of the Doctor?
Who is your favorite companion?
Who is your least favorite companion?

I'll start!

I've started watching Doctor Who when it was rebooted back in 2005. I only saw the episode 'Rose' toward the end and I was so into it that I had to wait the next week to see the full of it before they showed the new episode on Sci-Fi (yeah, Sci-Fi... not SyFy).

My favorite incarnation of the Doctor is the 11th, played by Matt Smith. The 12th Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi, the guy in my avatar, is an extremely close second.

My favorite companion are the Ponds, Amy Pond and her husband Rory Williams. They were a family with the Doctor and I was bawling when they left.

My least favorite companion would have to be... Rose. I liked her in the first series/season, but by the time of the 2nd series/season, she was just annoying and it didn't help she kept popping up after she left. Her final exit didn't leave much of an imprint to me, but at least she got her happy ending.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I'm a young fan who's into "New Who" (the 2005 reboot), but I plan to watch the whole series at some point.

My favorite regeneration... would probably either have to be #10 or 12.

My favorite companion was Donna Noble. The sassy time lady was a breath of fresh air from the teenage companions always crushing on the poor Doctor.

My least favorite is probably... Martha Jones. I like all the companions in their own way, but Martha... she kind of reminded me of a Rose 2.0 in a way, and here acting jealous of Rose seemed silly to me at times. Not to mention that she seemed too... perfect somehow.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Man, I'm suprised, this is the only place on the internet it seems where discussion of this is near nonexistant.
Well, my dad introduced me to the old series when I was 5, and I've been watching all of the new series since it came out.
My favorite incarnation would be 4, 5, or 12.
Favorite companion's probably Sara Jane or Rory.
Least favorite is Amy.

Series takes too long to come out with 5 or 6 episodes then go away for a year.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I personally didn't care for Martha, but that's because she didn't really do anything great until the Utopia-Last of the Timelords arc. It was forced and I thought Russell T. Davies just did a half-assed job.

Amy, I used to despise her, but as time progressed, she easily became one of my top companions. She actually kept the Doctor in check and wasn't like the others, she had a huge growth - although not as big as Rory's.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I personally didn't care for Martha, but that's because she didn't really do anything great until the Utopia-Last of the Timelords arc. It was forced and I thought Russell T. Davies just did a half-***** job.

Amy, I used to despise her, but as time progressed, she easily became one of my top companions. She actually kept the Doctor in check and wasn't like the others, she had a huge growth - although not as big as Rory's.
Yeah, Rory went from dying all the time and essentially just being Amy's love interest to punching guys in the face and driving motorcycles.
Amy developed quite a bit, and I like that, but I can't excuse how much I hated her in seasons 5-6.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Yeah, Rory went from dying all the time and essentially just being Amy's love interest to punching guys in the face and driving motorcycles.
Amy developed quite a bit, and I like that, but I can't excuse how much I hated her in seasons 5-6.
What didn't you like about her in Series 6?

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
What didn't you like about her in Series 6?
She was better in series 6 as opposed to 5, but she was still very contrary to someone I'd expect as a companion to the doctor, and not in a good way.

Top Bottom