• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think we will have the ultimate intro video?

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Since the WiiU introduction video of the game was pretty lackluster to me (it was just the already revealed video with a mix of some CG shorts with some gameplay of the game), I was thinking about the introduction video of Smash Ultimate.. Do you think it will be just like the same video of characters revelation? Will it be a surprising entirely new video? Or just a mix like the WiiU?

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Why do people complain about 4's opening when Brawl's was a lot of Subspace cutscenes with gameplay?

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Why do people complain about 4's opening when Brawl's was a lot of Subspace cutscenes with gameplay?
Yeah, I also don't like Brawl's intro, specially the ending with the ship, that was not supposed to be a huge focus on a Smash game.
Anyway, I would like to see a great intro video. Don't need to have gameplay, we all know how the game is. I would like to see a great CG video of all characters fighting, it would be nice and epic.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Smash 4's opening cut scene was lacklustered. It showed constantly discontinuting footage at such a fast pace that it was hard to keep up at what was happening. The thing is though that when you have so many characters to show in a time limit of just under two minutes, coming up with an intro can be challenging. There's more wiggle room this time now that the time is just under three minutes but still there are a ton of characters to place.

I think something similar to what was seen at the E3 trailer without the fighter numbers would be a good fit for an intro.

Untouch

Smash Master
Unless they just use the "Everyone is Here" trailer I can't see them doing something similar to smash 4 as there won't be nearly as many videos to use.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
The most important part of the opening will be whether or not we'll hear Xander Mobus shouting "Super Smash Brothers... Ultimaaaaaaaate!"

Top Bottom