• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think the Koopalings will have separate Amiibos?

Will they get them?

• Awww yeah they will!

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • Ummm no those things print enough money already

Votes: 52 65.0%

• Total voters

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Since Bowser Jr's alts are technically different canonical characters, do you think each will have their own separate Amiibo figure? It seems like it could be a decent enough marketing tactic, but would it really happen? Discuss? Discuss!!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I would like that but I kind of doubt it. It wouldn't shock me if the Amiibo looked like this + Bowser Jr in it as well

10/10 would be best Amiibo ever

But... it'll probably just be Bowser Jr. And that's fine.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm not really expecting much outside of the cast they have now. As in, I'm not really expecting EVERY character to have an Amiibo. It would be nice (and hurt my wallet), but if they do have one for every character, I'd guess that it would only be for the main cast, and not for the alts (Koopalings, Alph, etc).

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm not really expecting much outside of the cast they have now. As in, I'm not really expecting EVERY character to have an Amiibo. It would be nice (and hurt my wallet), but if they do have one for every character, I'd guess that it would only be for the main cast, and not for the alts (Koopalings, Alph, etc).
I believe Sakurai confirmed that all characters have amiibos in the E3 Roundtable Discussion.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
all characters have amiibo, but the koopalings are only alternate versions

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I would like that but I kind of doubt it. It wouldn't shock me if the Amiibo looked like this + Bowser Jr in it as well

10/10 would be best Amiibo ever

But... it'll probably just be Bowser Jr. And that's fine.
This is what I was picturing. I want to say they'd be represented as such, but I doubt that they'd make 8 Amiibo's for essentially the same character, so this would be a good compromise.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
All characters will have Miibos but skins won't.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did special variations though similar to Disney Infinity where they had like "crystal" variants.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
I assume that the unlockable character amiibos will come out later, and I hope so, though I doubt it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Will there be a Alph from Pikmin Amiibo?

I think not, same goes for Koopalings, its just going to be Bowser Jr.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It would be redundant to do so from a gameplay perspective.
Think about what the Amiibos are meant to do in-game. They generate a CPU. You can change the color of the CPU the Amiibo generates just like any other plain ol' CPU, so all you need for each character is one figure.
If the Koopalings were to all get their own Amiibos, then every character's alternate colors would get Amiibos as well. Which I don't think will happen.

As much as I want Ludwig and Lemmy Amiibo...

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I wish :( I want a Lemmy amiibo! Can settle for just Bowser Jr, though. I have a feeling these amiibos are gonna cost me a lot of money, tbh :104:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I kind of doubt it, given that they're just alts. but I won't completely count them out since they're totally separate characters within the Mario universe, thus drastically different from pretty much every other alt. in the game...I still doubt it pretty heavily though. Wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
I think it's only a matter of time before all colors get their own Amiibos anyway. I mean, for example, I wouldn't buy Peach Amiibos unless I got white dress. She's the only one I play. And no Wario for me unless I get classic suit Wario in his Easter best (pink and teal). Surely Nintendo knows this and will make a Morton Koopa Amiibo for me.

World

Smash Cadet
I think it's only a matter of time before all colors get their own Amiibos anyway. I mean, for example, I wouldn't buy Peach Amiibos unless I got white dress. She's the only one I play. And no Wario for me unless I get classic suit Wario in his Easter best (pink and teal). Surely Nintendo knows this and will make a Morton Koopa Amiibo for me.
Amiibo alts aren't going to happen unless they are very, very successful.

Perhaps Nintendo could do limited runs of Amiibos in that manner but that's about it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Think about what the Amiibos are meant to do in-game. They generate a CPU. You can change the color of the CPU the Amiibo generates just like any other plain ol' CPU, so all you need for each character is one figure.
If the Koopalings were to all get their own Amiibos, then every character's alternate colors would get Amiibos as well. Which I don't think will happen.
From a gameplay perspective, yes.

However, while an Amiibo saves a character for use later, there's nothing stopping you from, say, having two Mario Amiibos.

So while it may not be practical for a someone to get them all, I'd imagine the Koopalings will get their own for the sake of choice.

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
Amiibo alts aren't going to happen unless they are very, very successful.

Perhaps Nintendo could do limited runs of Amiibos in that manner but that's about it.
Yeah, I agree for sure. But I think that the koopalings are a likely bet to be the test subjects. They may have a use for Mario Kart, meaning they would be valuable for other reasons.

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
They might make them for Mario Kart 8 or some future game. They're popular enough.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
They might make them for Mario Kart 8 or some future game. They're popular enough.
With how multi-purpose these things are supposed to be (Yet another way Nintendo improves on the formula.) I wouldn't be surprised if this happens and they can backwards-compatible with Smash as Bowser Jr.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Whyd I forget that? Them being in mario kart could let them make a smash 4 version that works for bowser jr and the respective kart racer, thus making it not like you're buying multiple for no reason.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
1- Every Amiibo is the current Official artwork of the Character
2- we are GOING to get male/female Amiibos for the characters it is applicable
3- We are going to here. The point of the Amiibos, well on part, is to cater to collectors. Why would Nintendo NOT do this here? I would not be surprised if each COSTUME got an Amiibo in time.

As much as I want Ludwig and Lemmy Amiibo...
Keep in Mind, Amiibos arent ONLY for Smash Bros, and essentially any Mario Character has quite a large enough reason to have one. Each individual Koopaling could easily have an Amiibo simply for future gaming titles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom