• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think that Smash 64 could head to the 3DS

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
So I have been thinking about this alot and I really think that it could happen. Now hear me out now that the 3DS smash experiment worked out Nintendo might be thinking of putting some other smash games on the 3DS so as a test why not put smash 64 on the 3DS the hardcore audience will play it as a way to revisit smash 64 and the casuals will get stale of just smash 4 so why not put smash 64 on the 3DS

Sedda

Smash Champion
it's not unthinkable. I don't see why nintendo wouldn't do it, but I don't know if I'd play it that much because of the controls.

it would be a lot of fun if it had online tho

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why Nintendo would release a game that would be sold cheaper since it is older and take away from sales of their new product (Smash 4). I would say there is a very slim chance. I think seeing how the Majora's Mask remake goes on the 3DS will give a better clue to what Nintendo's plans are regarding their popular 64 games and remakes.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I don't know why Nintendo would release a game that would be sold cheaper since it is older and take away from sales of their new product (Smash 4). I would say there is a very slim chance. I think seeing how the Majora's Mask remake goes on the 3DS will give a better clue to what Nintendo's plans are regarding their popular 64 games and remakes.
by that logic they shouldnt be releasing a zelda remake the same year they're supposedly releasing a new wi u title

they could do it and i dont see why not

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that's very likely to ever happen. It would be cool though, and the online would be cool, and they could add more stages and stuff. But I don't see why they would do that when they've just released a ssb game for the 3ds that had SO much more content. Nintendo's target audience isn't us few hundred hardcore ssb 64 players, it's the thousands of kids that will buy their new games. When you think about it as nintendo, they release ssb 64 for 3ds, then all the twelve year old kids with allowance will be like "dis game sux the grafics r bad and there's only 12 characters lame". It could maybe work for them if they said it was a limited run and only 1000 (maybe 5000 or something would be more likely) copies or something. People always want limited edition ****. But I don't think they would ever produce it as a normal game for 3ds.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
by that logic they shouldnt be releasing a zelda remake the same year they're supposedly releasing a new wii u title

they could do it and i dont see why not
You missed his point by a small margin. It would take away from the sales of the new Smash games because it would be another Smash game for a cheaper price.

Scenario: I really want the new Smash on the Wii U but if I wait 'X' number of days, I can get Smash 64 HD Remake for less. Instead of paying $60 for the new Smash, I end up paying $30 or $20 for the HD Remake

So, essentially, it would hurt Nintendo's overall net profit. A remake won't happen any time soon. (doesn't mean it couldn't happen)

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
You missed his point by a small margin. It would take away from the sales of the new Smash games because it would be another Smash game for a cheaper price.

Scenario: I really want the new Smash on the Wii U but if I wait 'X' number of days, I can get Smash 64 HD Remake for less. Instead of paying $60 for the new Smash, I end up paying $30 or $20 for the HD Remake

So, essentially, it would hurt Nintendo's overall net profit. A remake won't happen any time soon. (doesn't mean it couldn't happen)
lol nobody would think that way. most people who really wanted to play smash 4 would probably buy both anyway. i dont see any reason why they wouldnt do it, but they probably wont because nobody is asking for it

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
lol nobody would think that way. most people who really wanted to play smash 4 would probably buy both anyway. i dont see any reason why they wouldnt do it, but they probably wont because nobody is asking for it
If I only wanted to shell out money for one game, then I would choose the cheaper, HD remake over the new one. \biased

I don't think they'll do it, either. I'm just saying that from a marketing viewpoint, it wouldn't be smart to even announce another smash title that has the slimmest of chances to take away sales profit.

Top Bottom