• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Duck Hunt will stay high tier?

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
My opinion keeps going back and forth. At first I thought he will get worse because people would be able to deal with zoning better as they get used to it. But then I thought in the future as dhd players get better, we'll be able to control the barrel and other projectiles at the same time while pressuring (similar to luma.)

What do you think?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My opinion keeps going back and forth. At first I thought he will get worse because people would be able to deal with zoning better as they get used to it. But then I thought in the future as dhd players get better, we'll be able to control the barrel and other projectiles at the same time while pressuring (similar to luma.)

What do you think?
The Metagame for SSB4 is still being dissected. If anything, Duck Hunt might shift between Mid tier and High tier depending on the Match Ups that are played.

Duck Hunt has a good array of options and unpredictability, we just need to wait on more match ups for the Metagame to grow.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
It's all about the meta game, so of course Duck Hunt will still in a somewhat high tier, but it could immediately change since people could prove his weakest points to be his downfall.

WabbitSeason

Smash Cadet
Upper mid. There are a lot of MU's where his projectiles get nullified or are tough to utilize. Think Little Mac, Rosa, Villager, etc. And his smash attacks are laggier than they look and can be exploited. I feel that when the meta advances people will be able to consistently wreck DH if they can get past projectiles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
DHD seems like he's for advanced players... his projectiles and laggy Smash moves are tricky... I think he will be middle tier at best...

Spirst

Tiers aren't even a thing yet. That said, I definitely don't see him taking top tier and high tier I'm not certain. His smashes are laggy, his zoning can be screwed with, his recovery is predictable, and his tilts seem ehh.

TeamEvil

Smash Rookie
I don't think he's going to stay high tier. He might be considered that now because people are still figuring out the best way to fight him. Once tiers are more established I think Duck Hunt will be middle at best.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
i worried about this. DH may just be my secondary.

i think he will go lower than we currently expect him to be, but not too dramatically...

Top Bottom