• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you play with items?

do u?

• yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • other (reply please

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

itsjustoskar

Smash Rookie
NNID
alexxblass
just wanna know what everyone else thinks. I think its ok for matches that you play with for fun.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It just depends who I am playing with. If I am practicing and trying to up my skill level, I leave items out of the equation. If I am playing with my nephews or just for fun, I'll throw in some items just to make it interesting.

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Only if I'm playing with friends, otherwise no. I think Items nullify strategy in a way, they're based on luck and can often dictate a match's outcome.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I play with items when I'm playing Smash 64. They're fun to use in that game because they're not too gamebreaking. Then every other game after that wanted you to turn up the chaos - especially when it comes to Poké Balls :O

Used to play with them set to Very High in Melee but even then I took some out like the cloaking device. Brawl was where the items just got too crazy for me but there are a few I'll still turn on every now and then like the Dragoon.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
It all depends on whom I'm playing with and how many.

If I'm playing with randoms online? No items.

If I'm playing with a single friend who takes Smash more seriously? No items.

If I'm playing with multiple friends in a Free-For-All? If possible, items.

If I'm playing with multiple friends in Team Battle? No items.

More often than not I'm playing without items, mainly because of the overwhelming preference in the Smash community to play without them.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings Sometime I play with item for fun especially Smash Ball depend how I feel also my opponent as well if you ask me I leen more to fight serious match to test my skill as well as other.

Top Bottom