• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like the changed that were made to Bowser between games?

Do you like Bowser's changes?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
He was made much more athletic, and much more bowser like, he used punches and kicks rather than awkward shell slams and claw swipes. He is also much faster, actually running this time instead of skidding across the ground like bowser-mobile. He also has much more of a cartoony design rather than...

This mess right here^

Over all, bowser has much more personality and is much more bowser-y and much less of a generic dragon with a shell. Now all we need is his actual canon voice rather than generic dragon noises, and he would be perfect.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, I like how some of his moves were replaced with new ones that really serve some purpose. Neutral air does up to 24% damage and back air, while possessing even higher landing lag than what he had in Brawl, does a solid 19% and it's even faster than the all-mighty :4falcon: knee. That's right, :4falcon:; time to step aside 'cuz the new b-air is where it's at.

Last edited:

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
Bowser is legitimately scary in this installment. Hopefully in the next one they give Ganondorf the same love.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I find interesting about Bowser in the Smash Bros. series is that his Melee and Brawl incarnations were made to use realistic roars. However, Bowser's Smash 3DS / Wii U incarnation was more designed to utilize his typical Mario series voice clips that were made by Kenny James.

As for Giga Bowser, he's pretty much meant to use realistic roars, even in Smash 3DS / Wii U.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I loved the more monstrous and intimidating Bowser from Brawl/Melee and sometimes think about how much i miss the old attack animations such as Shell Bair, Spinning Shell Nair, Upair, idle animation, shell double jump and the one I miss the most which is the Hornbash Fsmash (would be content if just this one was still in)
The attacks could have worked the same as they do now with the old animations too.

I'm happy the tank running animation is gone though and he's definitely a bit more similiar canon Bowser now so i understand if people like the changes.

Last edited:

TipO'TheMorning

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5047-5155
I love Bowser in Smash 4! I just wish they would change one thing...

Make his FSmash the Punch from Bowser's Inside Story! Please, Sakurai?

Bacon233

Smash Rookie
I like Bowser more in smash 4 than in the other smash games, he is just more intimidating and more faithful to his appearances in the current Mario games. But the only move I HATE they changed was forward smash, I can't wait until Smash 4 modding becomes more developed so they can add the old headbutt back in.

Last edited:

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
I love the changes to Bowser. But there is one thing that is completely broken. His pivot grab can go by this far.

Length 1:

Length 2:

Length 3 but with Jab:

And my suggestion for Smash Switch/Smash 4 Deluxe Bowser is some of these animations to be in it!

Top Bottom