• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you guys think Samus should be higher on the tier list?

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
So I am not a Samus player in the slightest but as of recently, in tournament and on FG/online friendlies (smash ladder), I have been constantly getting bodied by Samus players especially one really good Samus player in my region who recently took a set off of Elegant in tournament.

I mean, for real though. I feel as if Samus is an extremely overlooked character and is not getting the love she should be getting so I'm here to ask the Samus forum, do you guys think she deserves more than she already has (an E tier placement on the official tier list) because beating a really good Samus player is straight up difficult for the following reasons. Feel free to correct me on anything if I'm wrong since I haven't yet gotten to doing labs on Samus yet.

- Her combo game is very damaging.
- She has crazy fast kill moves (i've been constantly killed by smashes AND tilts).
- She is relatively hard to combo because of her floatiness (not too hard but still kind of a challenge).
- She is relatively hard to KO because of her weight.
- Her projectile game adds A LOT of shield pressure making it difficult to approach her.
- She is able to easily capitalize on air-dodge reads using her F-air and her N-air which has killed me many times.
- Finally, she is able to brush off pressure very easily with projectiles and her aerial grab (the whip).

And yes I know. As stated in ESAM's SDI tutorial, you can SDI downwards to escape Samus's up-air but even then, her combo game and her ability to capitalize on reads is very difficult to avoid and approaching her is an absolute chore.

So basically, after reading Smash Wiki's take on why she is low on the tier list, what is your guy's take on her low tier list placement and should she be higher?

Also, do you guys have any tips for someone trying to learn the Samus MU and what I should look out for? Last tournament I went to, I constantly got bodied by this Samus player in friendlies and even though it showed me what I need to work on (LIKE NOT TO SPAM AIR-DODGE), I still struggle in the MU with all my mains.

Top Bottom