• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you find it better to Full Hop or Short hop?

Reezus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3969-5407-4413
Whats a better zoning tool and a better way to apply pressure? :4luigi:

Liwi808

Smash Cadet
Short hop all the way. Luigi's aerial mobility is abysmal, so the less time he has to spend in the air the better.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I actually try not to short hop at all, lol.

Like Liwi said, his aerial movement is just too slow, if anything I'll bait for the opponent to short hop, and take advantage of it as they fall, since there's landing delay.

This way you can toss a fireball at their landing, and grab 'em. However if you're feeling super duper defensive, shorthop - fair has a great amount of range, just don't use it too much.

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
I only like to short hop fire ball or empty short hop to bait moves when I start fighting some one, because those are safer options, once they start to expect that I actually start to use moves, because most moves arent really safe on shield

Top Bottom