• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do you feel bad for maining diddy

ever experienced it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
have you ever experienced "top tier shaming" when playing diddy if you dont know what that is essentially its disrespecting and or insulting top tier character players due to their choice being "OP" or that they dont enjoy their character and only playing him to higher chance at winning

i came across some of those douches online calling me "top tier ***" or "OP" in their name tag even tough i dont main diddy

i feel this really stupid cuz you dont just go ahead and pick a top tier you have to get a nice feel for your character (im really feeling it:4shulk::awesome:) and i dont know how some people dont understand that and think that top tier character players are somehow "cowardly" and low tier ones "brave"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't feel bad as long as I don't totally out-skill my opponent. In which case, I could've probably gone DK instead and give my opponent a more 'respectful' match instead of **** stomping them with Diddy. I generally like to go Diddy if my aim is to win. And I did the same in Brawl.

Let's just say, I'll use 100% Diddy if I'm going 100% competitive, but for respectful friendly matches I'll often go DK instead.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
I personally don't think Diddy is the best character in the game. He has a flowchart that idiots fall for and a handful of even and bad matchups. I've noticed his damage racking is not all it's cracked up to be and his kill setup from a throw is so easy to DI. If another character turns out to be better than him (Which imo they will), then people will cry about them instead. People who cry and whine about Diddy are pretty dumb, their opinion is not worth listening to.

To answer your question, no. I really enjoyed Diddy Kong racing and nobody is going to take that away from me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
We're in a play to win community so never feel bad about the character you play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom