• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you always start off For Glory matches with a taunt?

Do you taunt to start off For Glory matches?

• Total voters

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Up-taunt is best used right before delivering a Raptor Boost/Falcon Punch right to your opponent's gut, IMO :)

Pee-Gcuatro20

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pee-G.quatro20
3DS FC
3540-1271-4845
I use Show me yo moves all the time . Gotta use "come Awn" as a way to tell campers to stop messing around

MoonSheep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-2399-7444
its a matter of falcon pride to start off with down taunt, it separates the real falcons vs the wannabe's

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
its a matter of falcon pride to start off with down taunt, it separates the real falcons vs the wannabe's
BLASPHEMY! There is only one Falcon, and no one should be deluded enough to think that they are Him.

Now, let us pray:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
BLASPHEMY! There is only one Falcon, and no one should be deluded enough to think that they are Him.

Now, let us pray:
I think he means it separates them from the ones who have permission to use Falcon. I don't main him,but my moves have granted me permission from the great captain. Marth and Ganon also require permission to use.

Meiwaku

Smash Rookie
Bonus Fruit and Lloyd Rocket are my versions of taunting to open a match. It's one of my favorite things, actually, to hit or to charge at any point when my opponent taunts.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I always start with a "Show me your moves!" to get them started, "C'mon!" when I KO them and finish the game with a "Show me your moves" salute to see them off.
While some don't take to happily to Falcon's code of honour (Fox and ROB's lasers, for example -_- ), it always brings a tear to my eye to see a Falcon mirror kick off with simultaneous taunts. Falcon is a true man of honour!

Dead Man's Gun

Smash Rookie
i dont taunt that much because i dont want to seem rude to my opponent, i do taunt when im against another falcon though.

TheOne

Smash Rookie
In any smash game I play, I will always show my moves if I am falcon at the beginning of the match. I don't taunt as other characters tho.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
If you don't taunt as falcon, you're not a good falcon player, you must taunt, but seriously who doesn't use the down taunt at the beginning of a match, it's too funny

Bralef

Smash Cadet
I sometimes try to taunt at the beginning of a match, but it's risky, of course. I don't get salty about those who take the opportunity for a free hit, though; That's the risk you take when taunting.

On a semi-related note, I wish Falcon's up-taunt was a fiery pelvic thrust accompanied by a "YES!". I know it's never going to happen, but it's no worse than Waluigi's one victory pose in Strikers.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
if you taunt at the very start of the first match you are having with the person, then it's reaaaally weird and not really amusing. same goes for taunting when you KO someone, but that must be common knowledge.

but if you taunt at the start of the match and it's like the second or fourth match youre having with the person, then its OK to taunt and maybe theyll taunt back. thats how players express they are having quite a good time playing with you. or they just wait for your taunt to finish and then attack.

this is all about 4 glory of course

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I sometimes try to taunt at the beginning of a match, but it's risky, of course. I don't get salty about those who take the opportunity for a free hit, though; That's the risk you take when taunting.

On a semi-related note, I wish Falcon's up-taunt was a fiery pelvic thrust accompanied by a "YES!". I know it's never going to happen, but it's no worse than Waluigi's one victory pose in Strikers.
That would be absolutely awesome xD His current Up-Taunt, while an excellent show of his manliness and combustability, would be even funnier like that! Though I'd be worried that would make him too much like Duffman! "Oh yeah!" :p

KeketheBasedCat

Smash Apprentice
My flowchart to taunting:
Are they playing falcon: hyes (taunt), no (knee)
Did they taunt you after taking your stock: yes (taunt after taking their stock), no (no taunt)
Did you land a falcon punch: yes (finish the combo into taunt), no (press b)

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
I do this every time with Ness/Falcon... though Shulk tempts me to really feel it.

I start off every Falcon Ditto with a taunt out of respect because I want them to show me their moves.
I spam taunt after I kill an enemy that isn't Falcon out of disrespect because they aren't playing the People's Champ.

Captain Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nacholovr
3DS FC
1848-1848-8415
I tend to start with a "Come awn!" at the start of a battle. I save "Show me ya moves" until they lose their last life. It shows that other players don't deserve to face the Captain by stating that he hasn't seen anything yet.

Top Bottom