• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do We Need Combos?

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
It may take me some time to think rather if the Smash Bros series need combos or not.

I would say no for now because not having combos or at least having a different style of combos makes the Smash Bros series unique from other fighting games.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Do we need combo's?
Of courseee not! I was perfectly fine with the volleyball style fighting Brawl had......

(not to be rude to the OP but is this threa for real? I dont see no ''Comedic'' before the title.....)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Depends what you mean by "combos."

If you mean zero to death madness, then hell no.

If you mean quick 1-2-3 combos, then yeah, a few.

If you mean tech chases, then yes, because without them, smash is lame (tech chases and one offensively in control character chasing another is a large part of each smash game thus, especially Melee).

"Combos" really don't mean anything, but what the smash series needs to be better IMO is more "instant" and "flexible" offense than in Brawl for the ENTIRE ROSTER!!! We also need offense to routinely beat equal defense, otherwise the series gets too campy, and we have lots of slow, boring, and rather drab fights that wouldn't end if it wasn't for the fact there were time limits.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Depends what you mean by "combos."

If you mean zero to death madness, then hell no.

If you mean quick 1-2-3 combos, then yeah, a few.

If you mean tech chases, then yes, because without them, smash is lame (tech chases and one offensively in control character chasing another is a large part of each smash game thus, especially Melee).

"Combos" really don't mean anything, but what the smash series needs to be better IMO is more "instant" and "flexible" offense than in Brawl for the ENTIRE ROSTER!!! We also need offense to routinely beat equal defense, otherwise the series gets too campy, and we have lots of slow, boring, and rather drab fights that wouldn't end if it wasn't for the fact there were time limits.
I just want for once that if a Bowser player goes against a Fox Player and both the players are similar skill i dunno...maybe errmmm...make it so the bowser has a chance of winning perhaps....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well look at Bowser in Project M Dark Phazon. Sure, he's not as good as Fox, but man, he has some good tech chases and enough POWER and damage behind his moves that he can fight neck and neck with a combo-tastic Fox player of near equal skill.

That right there is actually a perfect example of offensive diversity, character diversity, and great offensive balance (between different type of offensive approaches).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well look at Bowser in Project M Dark Phazon. Sure, he's not as good as Fox, but man, he has some good tech chases and enough POWER and damage behind his moves that he can fight neck and neck with a combo-tastic Fox player of near equal skill.

That right there is actually a perfect example of offensive diversity, character diversity, and great offensive balance (between different type of offensive approaches).
I understans you love Project M i would too no doubt if i had it or ever played it also like you alot more than i do other certain PeePz on this board.

But i stopped reading at ''Look at Project M...'' its a Hack... Its not the real game so it cant be used as a judgment..come on man your smarter than that...(no sarcasm fully serious)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Character Balance & Good Online is gonna determine if i play the game longer than 6 months to a year. Not story mode or the new characters.

#RealTalk.

Yo someone put that **** in there sig! Realest **** i ever typed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The online is a nice bonus, but it in no way determines how much and how long anyone but you and people with no one to play with will play the game.
I understans you love Project M i would too no doubt if i had it or ever played it also like you alot more than i do other certain PeePz on this board.

But i stopped reading at ''Look at Project M...'' its a Hack... Its not the real game so it cant be used as a judgment..come on man your smarter than that...(no sarcasm fully serious)
HAHAHA!!! It is a real "game" (mod) in the sense that I can play it and it responds to me. And yes, its' balance does mean something. After all, games like Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, and DOTA were are literally just Quake, Half-Life, and Warcraft mods.

And yes, that is a perfect example of a game and balance. That's the type of balance at every level the development team should go by, because quite frankly it would make heavy and slow characters (which are almost always weak as heck) more useful and popular.

Top Bottom