• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do we have jab locks?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Hey fellow puffballs, Bo here. Been thinking about taking puff seriously but I learned that she doesn't have a jab reset like she did in Melee. So no missed tech follow ups to Rest :(

I do wanna know if any of her moves jab lock.

-Scotty

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
I think falling weak fair has gotten it for me a few times? I'm not sure at what ranges nor if the timing is more stringent than just weak fair.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
its sad that the jabs are too stronk for Jab Lock, if she had, I would have abused it for years.
especially for easy it is to make the opponent tumble on the ground by either a dash attack, running shorthop Fair or Nair!

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sourspot F-Air and F-Tilt are the only moves she has with a reset property. Nothing realistic, basically. Sourspot F-Air could happen if they miss a tech on a platform, I suppose.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
A throw onto a platform at lower percents, I suppose. That's basically it.

Flippant

Smash Apprentice
I've found something that could work but is super situational. Puffs up tilt can put fast fallers in to a tech situation around 10% and leaves them in a good position to jab lock. But I'm pretty sure they can act out of it before hitting the ground. It could be useful to catch someone off guard tho.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Did you even read what the thread was about? YO]ou randomily said something that has nothing to do with the the topic. xD

The thread is about jab locks, and you are talking about uptilt combos.
Tragic. Well, there are no jab locks anyway. So yeah.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
There are jab locks O_o Now I'm convinced you disregarded the thread because the second post says so. Come on man, pay attention to the threads please.
Jigglypuff has a jab lock? This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Top Bottom