• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do not Forget Your Past! The N64 Eight!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMlwNVqdhNc

***BEFORE YOU CLOSE THE TOPIC, READ!***

After all the characters have been made, they could throw in a few extra characters: The Original 8, straight from the N64 files!

This means they will be in their full N64 appearance, voices, sprites, and movesets (meaning, no Super Smash, no crawling, no wavedash, you know, straight off the N64 Smash), and be played exactly how you played with them in the original N64 game! I know, they wouldn't be good fighters compared to their Brawl counterparts, but hey, it's just for the nostalgia of the original smash days...

I thought they wouldn't take that much space, pretty much because they're smaller files than those will be in brawl....

Just an idea, seemingly because we pretty much running good ones (seriously, Re-Dead?)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMlwNVqdhNc

This means they will be in their full N64 appearance, voices, sprites, and movesets (meaning, no Super Smash, no crawling, no wavedash, you know, straight off the N64 Smash), and be played exactly how you played with them in the original N64 game! I know, they wouldn't be good fighters compared to their Brawl counterparts, but hey, it's just for the nostalgia of the original smash days...
Sweetness! I would love to play Mario, Luigi, and DK in there prime. If Sakurai did this then I would be that much more happier.(Maybe he'll make a special edition version for us) Hopefully, these original 8 would not be banned in tournament play. Great idea son! (Two thumbs up!)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Boy, I remember when Ness was good. they'd all probably get pwned by the newer versions of the characters though, just because of the slow floatiness that every N64 character had.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
like he said get it on virtual console i'm sure that nintendo will release it at the release of Brawl or before it.
its not the same. he doesn't want to be able to play with just SSB64 characters, he wants to use them intermixed with brawl characters. I think its a good idea

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I'd rather see a 'retro game' option with all the character as they appeared first in gaming history, for example, Mario in Donkey Kong Arcade, Wario in Mario Land 2, etc.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Nintendo was smart they'd find a way to have Brawl be "augmented" when you buy Smash64 from the virtual console, like, if you buy Smash64 on virtual console, your memory will realize it and unlock something (perhaps retro/64 versions of the characters and stages).

Top Bottom