• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do Brawl hacks damage the game disc?

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

Do Brawl hacks like Brawl+, -, Balanced and Project M harm the game disc? And are they permanent? I want to try it out, but I don't want to risk damaging my game.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They do no damage to the game disc. All the data goes straight onto the SD Card, and simply removing the SD card means no changes can occur.

Damaging games with hacks is an Urban Myth. Well, you have to TRY to damage them, anyways.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Actually, yes, the Wii will actually purposefully damage the disc if you play with hacks. See, most Wii systems have an inbuilt mechanism that enhances the power of the laser when unauthorised software mods are detected, hence it will literally burn your CD if you try and play with Brawl hacks. I was under the impression that hacks were completely undetectable, but apparently the Wii just KNOWS these things.

There are two ways to avoid this.
1. Buy a Wii Anti-Kill Kit from your local me for about $599.
2. Insert a slice of cheese into your Wii's disc slot. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, it works. It turns out that most Wii systems are lactose intolerant and thus if you feed it cheese it will get too sick to care that you're running unauthorised software.

Of course, if you're playing the Antarctican, Hylian or Ancient Egyptian versions of the game or playing with a Dreamcast controller, you can disregard everything prior to this paragraph. The only way to avoid the kill mechanism is to place a live sardine in GC controller port 3. If you can't find a sardine, a kangaroo will work too. This will actually short out the kill mechanism altogether, but it's dangerous and only recommended as a last resort.

Also it'll give your Wii virus every time you play with hacks, regardless of if you use these methods or not.

D

Deleted member 189823

They do no damage to the game disc. All the data goes straight onto the SD Card, and simply removing the SD card means no changes can occur.

Damaging games with hacks is an Urban Myth. Well, you have to TRY to damage them, anyways.
Thank you. I'll try Project M now. 8]

By the way, do you know of a hack that has Jigglypuff with the crown, like he did in Melee? (or similiar fun textures like that)

Actually, yes, the Wii will actually purposefully damage the disc if you play with hacks. See, most Wii systems have an inbuilt mechanism that enhances the power of the laser when unauthorised software mods are detected, hence it will literally burn your CD if you try and play with Brawl hacks. I was under the impression that hacks were completely undetectable, but apparently the Wii just KNOWS these things.

There are two ways to avoid this.
1. Buy a Wii Anti-Kill Kit from your local me for about $599.
2. Insert a slice of cheese into your Wii's disc slot. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, it works. It turns out that most Wii systems are lactose intolerant and thus if you feed it cheese it will get too sick to care that you're running unauthorised software.

Of course, if you're playing the Antarctican, Hylian or Ancient Egyptian versions of the game or playing with a Dreamcast controller, you can disregard everything prior to this paragraph. The only way to avoid the kill mechanism is to place a live sardine in GC controller port 3. If you can't find a sardine, a kangaroo will work too. This will actually short out the kill mechanism altogether, but it's dangerous and only recommended as a last resort.

Also it'll give your Wii virus every time you play with hacks, regardless of if you use these methods or not.
Playing Smash with a Dreamcast controller would be amazing.

this is like yahoo answers ROFL

:phone:
Totally. I mean, they tend to use ROFL and those kind of silly, overused expressions, right? :awesome:

D

Deleted member 189823

Thank you. 8D

Now to figure out this Homebrew complexity...

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Thank you. 8D

Now to figure out this Homebrew complexity...
Don't worry, it's not hard.

And if you want to use crowned Jiggs without the altered moves, just use FitPurin02.pac that comes with the file. The file that actually modifies Jiggs is the other two. The same applies to all other hacks (usually.)

NOTE: The actual file that contains the crown is this one, not the one on KC-MM.

Top Bottom