• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U [DLC/Updates] What modes and features would you like to see in the Wii U version?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
With both the confirmation of DLC (MEWTWOOOOOO!) and updates that will add some things (Tourney mode and Miiverse stage), it seems obvious that Sakurai will add other things to the game through either of those methods

This thread is about what you would like to see through DLC or updates other than more characters and stages (as I already made a thread about this)

Here's a few ideas coming out of my brain:

1.Gameplay Alterations
Basically, this idea consists of altering how the game play through the menus between Casual (default), Advanced (Melee style, baybee!) and Turbo (do I really need to explain?).

Why would it be a great idea?
Two reasons: The competitive scene of Smash 4 would be HUGE, and everyone, I mean EVERYONE, would enjoy playing the game as they either keep their casual playstyle, or regain wavedashing, L-canceling and others advanced techniques from Melee. The second reason is to prevent a Project M for the Wii U. As much as I love the mod, I think it's unfair to see Sakurai's work being taken over by some hackers, no matter how good they are.
2.Miiverse stage - Posts Display Options
Think about it! There would be multiple setting to determine which posts you want to see: No Preferences (Random), Most Recent, Most Popular (most likely the one everyone's gonna take), People You Follow, Friends, Your Posts (it'll be a multi-check option, with No Preferences not being shown, but explained anyway)

Why would it be a great idea?
Do I really need to explain why?!?!
It's your turn now!

Note: You don't need to structure it the way I did.........but you can if you want to! ^_^

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'll answer it here too.

I want:
No game breaking bugs by the time the game ships internationally
Hyrule Warriors could not do this and it needed bug fixes in patches. I want SSB4 to be relatively bug free on international release. Let the NA people beta test it and find all the bugs for us.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
No game breaking bugs by the time the game ships internationally
I don't mean to be rude or mean towards Nintendo, but I don't think the game will be bug-free...... Game-breaking bugs, I guess Nintendo will do their best, but Online mode might be where those bugs are hiding..........

I want SSB4 to be relatively bug free on international release.
Yup, not gonna be 100% complete........ besides, that's the whole concept of updates (besides adding stuff)

What I'm saying is: Prepare to be dissapointed.

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'll answer it here too.
Probably on a social thread or a pre-DLC thread, 'cause I haven't seen any thread concerning this subject, which is why i made it.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I am always a fan of more characters. I wish the metroid universe was represented a bit more than by 2 versions of the same character. At least they aren't clones =P

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I am always a fan of more characters. I wish the metroid universe was represented a bit more than by 2 versions of the same character. At least they aren't clones =P
This thread is about what you would like to see through DLC or updates other than more characters and stages (as I already made a thread about this)

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
As of right now, the only thing I'm interested in are stages and trophies. The rest is already perfect.
I want 60 or so stages (I think it's totally doable, we're at 45, +DLC maybe) and like 800/900 trophies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As of right now, the only thing I'm interested in are stages and trophies. The rest is already perfect.
I want 60 or so stages (I think it's totally doable, we're at 45, +DLC maybe) and like 800/900 trophies.
Remember, not all stages have been confirmed, there could be more in the actual game. Also, Miiverse is gonna be downloadable, so DLC stages confirmed!!!

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I would like to see Break the Targets come back and / or have an option in the Stage Builder to make the stage into a Break the Targets stage. Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish stages would be cool, too.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Whoops LOL y'all are nazis around here XD

My bad. Hmmmmm other than characters and stages...

Well I lament at the loss of a melee style adventure more. The one in brawl was quite long BUT had a very fun story and mini levels. I suppose I would want an "adventure mode" that has the set up of melee (actual scenes and such from nintendo games and lil baddies from those games) but have the length of brawls subspace adventure.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Bowser's Castle!!!
Well, since it's the second time, I might change the thread's title

EDIT: Title changed, there shouldn't be any confusion now

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I, myself, would like Dr. Mario's representation to not be limited to a handful of remixes and an in-game appearance. I think Dr. Mario 64 has incredible stage potential (Rudy's Castle alone is something that would be unique to Smash, a giant castle made of gold!), or at the very least a unique victory theme. The Dr. Mario games have a "You Win" theme when you do the vs. mode, I'm honestly surprised a remix of that hasn't shown up as a thing for him yet, especially when Bowser gets his own, as well as Dark Pit.

Beyond that I already got most of what I wanted in the WiiU version. Boatloads of additional content, amazing features, just...excellent.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Well, since it's the second time, I might change the thread's title

EDIT: Title changed, there shouldn't be any confusion now
Be more specific!!!! U asked what I like to see.... Sheesh!

How about costumes?

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'd like to see them allow 6 player smash online! I know they already explained why but it would be so fun.

Also new backgrounds for stage builder. Like game & watch, Mario, DK etc.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Probably on a social thread or a pre-DLC thread, 'cause I haven't seen any thread concerning this subject, which is why i made it.
I did a "SSB for WiiU General Discussion Forum" search for "DLC" And here are the results.
http://smashboards.com/search/944306/?q=DLC&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=290+515
Lots of topics about DLC here. Ranging from very recent to pretty old. As I said, your question's been asked before but no harm in asking it again. Always nice to have more topics about DLC.

And about game bugs, before Nintendo did game updates, like the Gamecube and prior, very few (if any at all) first party Nintendo games had any game breaking bugs. Sure some had a few glitches but subsequent pressings of the disc removed, but that's it. I'm only really noticing the game breaking bugs happening a lot with WiiU games. My Hyrule Warriors has crashed on my a few times, the game just freezes and I have to reset my WiiU and I lose my game progress cause it's not saved. I just hope Nintendo is a little better on this front with SSBWIiU.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Unique victory themes for every character, a new intro, individual Break the Targets like 64/Melee, some sort of Adventure Mode like Melee (although the order of events/stages would be randomized so it wouldn't be as redundant) and any retro stages that I want Ilke Fountain of Dreams, Saffron City, Poke Floats, Princess Peach's Castle, etc) that aren't in the base game

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
It'd be awesome if I could make stage hazards in my custom stages.

I mean like make Ridley spawn, or have Pokemon randomly released that are against everyone.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Tag Team mode.

Pick up to five character's like in subspace and when you die you switch to the other character.

Like in subspace.

Top Bottom