• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Smash fanbase must be the only video game fandom in existance that looks forward to getting less content.
You know people can very easily distinguish between their desires and their expectations.
I'd prefer if you didn't misconstrue what people are saying.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Because...I mean, answer me honestly here: Have people always wanted Waluigi in this desperately, or do they want him in now because all of their other most-wanteds got in and they feel like they should always want someone for Smash?
There are some people who have always genuinely wanted Waluigi, there are some people who use to meme about it or weren't on board with it but came around, and there are those who flocked to Waluigi because other characters got added and they were looking for someone else to get behind.

At least with first-parties, there is often a pecking order insofar as some characters won't truly get popular until other ones are already in. K. Rool, for example, didn't truly get off the ground until we already got Diddy. Bandana Dee wouldn't have much support if we didn't have Dedede or MK. The Mario vote used to be split in quite a few directions, but a lot of those characters, like Bowser Jr, Rosalina and Daisy have since been included, and Toad and Paper Mario have kinda taken a backseat, so there's more for Waluigi to feast on. Geno is there too, but he's kinda his own situation.

This goes hand in hand with Waluigi's reception shifting over the years to a character people memed and **** on to a character people memed and sincerely liked. Back during Brawl and in early 4, Waluigi was sort of a groaner of a pick, but over time, as you noted, the perspective has shifted. Maybe part of the reason he's not in is because Sakurai didn't realize people stopped requesting him ironically and now are doing it genuinely until it was too late.

So there are a number of factors that have lead to this. The herd thinning out, reception towards Waluigi becoming more favourable. Being a meme lord. The takeaway is that I think Nintendo finally realizes that, despite their best efforts, this is actually a pretty popular character. And I think you'll see that reflected in the roster next time. I'd be truly surprised if you didn't. Not the least of which is because Waluigi is a rarity in that you can appease the hardcore and the casual alike, which isn't the case so much anymore with first-parties.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
If we somehow got an Ultimate DX, it’d be nice if we got 11 characters to get the roster up to an insane 100 fighters.

I’d probably go with:

Waluigi
Bandana Waddle Dee
Officer Howard
Ring Fit Trainee
Toxicrity
Jill Valentine
Chosen Undead
Dante
Yuri
Master Chief
Crash or Sans

I really like the idea of rounding out all of the biggest Japanese gaming IPs with playable characters. I don’t think the Monster Hunter team will budge on a fighter though. They have everything but the fighter already (even if the stage is lame & only in SP). They seem adamant on Hunters not being the focus of the series; I don’t think there’s any Hunters in TEPPEN either.
Nice picks, I think I would choose:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Chosen Undead
3. Shantae
4. Dante
5. Master Chief
6. Paper Mario
7. Chun-Li
8. Lloyd Irving
9. Crash Bandicoot
10. Ryu Hayabusa
11. Waluigi

zumaddy

Smash Ace
It's less that I'm hoping for 'cuts' to the future Smash roster and more like a refresh, getting rid of some of the similar characters (we don't need 3 Links, Chrom etc) and tweaking some old movesets or animations ala Ultimate's Ganondorf.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
If we somehow got an Ultimate DX, it’d be nice if we got 11 characters to get the roster up to an insane 100 fighters.
Rounding to 12:

1) Splatoon 3 character (Splatoon)
2) Pokémon Gen 8 (Pokémon)
3) Ring Fit Trainer (Ring Fit)
4) Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
5) Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
6) Leon/Jill (Resident Evil)
7) Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
8) Xenoblade 3 character (Xenoblade)
9) Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
10) Master Chief (Halo)
11) Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
12) Future Nintendo character

Reasons:
  • There is always the need to include modern nintendo characters so the game doesn’t feel old, thats why 5 would be from late era switch games.
  • Out of 18 third party characters, only 1 is pure female (Bayonetta), then you have Kazooie who shares with Banjo and Alex as Steve’s alt. Jill, Chun-Li and Lara are 3 of the most iconic female characters, so lets include them. I would also name Tifa but she is already a mii costume
  • Bandana Waddle Dee has the spot of long time request.
  • Master Chief and Crash would be the huge megatons.
  • Resident Evil is the only japanese third party IP that has nothing more than a few spirits on Ultimate. A combination of Leon and Jill can represent at least the first 4 games.
  • Akira would be a “retro” japanese centric rep and Smash would get 4 big eastern fighting game IPs (Street Fighter, Fatal Fury/KOF, Tekken and Virtua Figjter).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't understand why people are saying the Pokemon fanbase. If given the choice between full dex with two regions and half dex with one region, I think the answer would be obvious.

Even now that my avatar is literally Sora in Smash it doesn't feel real lol
It's not. You're dreaming and soon you'll wake up and it'll be the fifth and then you get to watch the Cinderace reveal.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ultimate DX is an interesting speculation topic, if only because we're speculating about a game...5-6 years down the line. We have no clue what the landscape of video gaming will look like, nor how speculation will develop in favor of or against certain characters. We're further cutting talk on cuts and talking only about additions, which means we're only building on Ultimate instead of taking away. If I had to guess from the top of my head though, here's what I would think my 11 to be:
  • Pokémon Promotional Rep–It's obligatory at this point. Probably a starter from Generation 9, or maybe even 10 if we're that far along
  • Bandana Waddle Dee–probably one of the safest base game picks in my opinion. Exudes big "base game addition" energy.
  • Waluigi–significant fan request similar to Ridley or K. Rool, is at the very least known by Nintendo executives in regard to Smash
  • Nintendo Promotional Rep–base game always favors first parties (or maybe it's that third parties are easier to implement as DLC), so take your choice from Splatoon, Fire Emblem, Mario, Monolith Soft, etc.
  • Nintendo Classic Rep/Joke Character–There tends to be at least one of these, so place your bets now. My personal bet? Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Dante–significant third party request that'd be easy enough to get regardless of timing.
  • Rayman and/or Rabbids–Ubisoft and Nintendo have been close business partners for the past couple of years, and I could see them finally getting a chance if things continue as they are
  • Ryu Hayabusa–a classic Nintendo third party similar to Mega Man and Simon Belmont before him, so would be a cool addition
  • Echo 1–I'm assuming this is base game additions only, and no way they add 11 brand new fighters. There's gonna be an echo in here.
  • Echo 2–or two
  • Echo 3–or three
  • Echo 4–or four. Take your pick as to who it is: Tails, Shadow, Alph, etc. etc. etc. (I can't think of Echo fighters right now :()
I feel like this is kind of realistic? Definitely idealistic. Two third parties is par for the course for base, and I don't know what the Nintendo lineup would look like exactly. Rayman could be replaced with another Nintendo promotional rep, but I feel like Dante and Ryu are relatively safe predictions for next game.

But then again, we all thought they were safe predictions for this game, and we all know how that turned out...

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why people are saying the Pokemon fanbase. If given the choice between full dex with two regions and half dex with one region, I think the answer would be obvious.
It's not a matter of choosing what's better this or that, if GF put out a Pokemon game on the same mediocre quality as SwSh, fans would still hype it up to some degree (Dexit was never THAT big) and buy it and it will still sell at least 5 million copies for each version.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

It's not. You're dreaming and soon you'll wake up and it'll be the fifth and then you get to watch the Cinderace reveal.
N3ON's new avatar has been my desktop for, like, a decade...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Ultimate DX's base mirrored Ultimate's to this extent and we got 11 to bring us to the hundred, I'm thinking it could shape up sort of like this
  • (Fan Favourite) Waluigi
  • (Fan Favourite) Isaac / Geno (I honestly think he's likelier as a base addition than a DLC addition)
  • (Successful Nintendo series) Ring Fit Trainer
  • (Successful Nintendo series) Akira / future successful IP
  • (Mandatory Pokemon)
  • (Most recent character in series) either FE or Xenoblade. The other is DLC
  • (Sakurai being Sakurai pick) idk, someone like Nikki from Swapnote or something. Arcade Bunny. Sheriff. Something weird but kinda cool.
  • (Popular but not massive third-party w/ global appeal) Ryu Hayabusa / Lloyd / Bomberman
  • (Echo) Dixie?
  • (Echo) Octoling?
  • (Echo) Tails / Knuckles / Shadow
Most of the third-parties would be DLC again. And yes, I excluded BWD. I don't think he's going to get in while Sakurai's still helming things. Not that I think we're even going to get something like this, but BWD still doesn't fly even in my hypothetical, lol. Sorry.

And I feel like the usual echo disclaimer is necessary where I say just because a character can be an echo doesn't mean they couldn't be original and I agree it's not the best way to represent them.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just want to say that I KNEW IT! No way was Bayonetta the number one pick in the ballot. We can finally put that to rest now that Sakurai himself has admited to it.

Also, Sora was a really cool addition. I cant wait to put my hands on him.
Bayonnetta was never called the winner... it had three qualifiers.
1- top five
2- of one region
3- that was realizable

That literally could have been anyone Nintendo wanted.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Bayonnetta was never called the winner... it had three qualifiers.
1- top five
2- of one region
3- that was realizable

That literally could have been anyone Nintendo wanted.
Bayonetta's stars aligned perfectly at that point, didn't they? I think it really helped Nintendo already in cahoots with Platinum, meaning negotiation was... well, "a walk in the park" would likely be an understatement.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not a matter of choosing what's better this or that, if GF put out a Pokemon game on the same mediocre quality as SwSh, fans would still hype it up to some degree (Dexit was never THAT big) and buy it and it will still sell at least 5 million copies for each version.
Well by that logic tons of fighting games would also qualify, as new fighters tend to have a smaller launch roster than the previous game's count at that point given it hasn't had the chance to build itself up with DLC while the previous one did. Still get hyped up by fans often enough.

And that's not looking forward to getting less content. That's looking forward to getting something new, and less content just being an accepted part of it.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I mean Personally, Since I Imagine they want the Next Smash to be their System Seller, I actually thinking the Next Smash game will come in the next 3-4 years Personally. The Next 3-4 Years should also be around the time the Console after the Switch comes out

But I want to write my Full thoughts on the Next Smash in a Giant, Comprehensive post in the future though. I really think Sora's Reveal was not only exciting for Ultimate itself, but also the Future of the Smash series.

Plus to be honest, If they did a Ultimate DX, I definitely think they would be able to get more than 11 New Characters in the game. I actually think it should have the highest Newcomer amount since you're just making it an expansion of a Game instead of a New game. I know balancing against 89 Other characters is pretty difficult, but if they keep the Similiar balance of this game, I Imagine that since they won't be focused on Bringing stuff back and a different Systems differing from Smash 4, they should be able to fit more into the Newcomer section. I'm gonna go with somewhere between 15-25 Newcomers Base game

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Well by that logic tons of fighting games would also qualify, as new fighters tend to have a smaller launch roster than the previous game's count at that point given it hasn't had the chance to build itself up with DLC while the previous one did. Still get hyped up by fans often enough.

And that's not looking forward to getting less content. That's looking forward to getting something new, and less content just being an accepted part of it.
But by buying the game you are basically supporting the decision the devs made when they chose to put in less content. Why would devs ever change their formula if their games keep making bank? Pokemon fans are aware of this but continue to support GF.
Buying something regardless of a negative quality is not hoping that quality is there. I certainly don't buy Smash expecting a good quality online experience.
But you bought Smash because you could play with your favorite characters, a core component in Smash. In SwSh, a lot of the Pokemon have been cut, it's the same formula from the past 25 years, animations are lazy, game is incredibly easy, etc.. Pokemon fans know this but continue to support GF.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But by buying the game you are basically supporting the decision the devs made when they chose to put in less content. Why would devs ever change their formula if their games keep making bank? Pokemon fans are aware of this but continue to support GF.

But you bought Smash because you could play with your favorite charcters, a core component in Smash. In SwSh, a lot of the Pokemon have been cut, it's the same formula from the past 25 years, animations are lazy, game is incredibly easy, etc.. Pokemon fans know this but continue to support GF.
Financial support for a product is not the same thing as actively desiring all its things you dislike about it, EVEN IF it encourages companies to continue those practices.

Pokemon fans did not buy SwSh because of cuts, they buy in spite of them. Big difference. Certainly doesn't fit osby's statement about a fanbase that actively wants less content which wasn't even true to begin with and was just them passive-aggressively insulting people by attacking a strawman.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Since we are talking DX edition (I think it would more likely be called something like "fan edition")

1- Rollback netcode
2- For Switch Pro, in 2023
3- Partnerships with the companies that wanted their characters in Smash (see characters below)
4- More character tweaks (DK barrel throw/ barrel blast jump, Mario with Cappy, more runes for Link)
5- All game modes available online
6- Updated abilities to directly post to social media
7- Actual means of talking with friends while playing
8- Return of old modes (Coin Mode, Story Mode, Boss Rush, user generated Targets and Platforms, Smash Run...but not Smash Bros Party)
9- Return of all old stages
10- Several new game modes- like King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, etc. These could even reference other series, like Splatoon or Mario Kart)
11- Another 300 songs and 500 spirits, base
12- Ten new items (all old ones returning, like the fan, including toggle for visuals, such as all options for the Bumper)
13- All old ATs and Pokemon, with the ones who became characters being reallocated to new characters with same function)
14- Slight updates to existing echoes (especially Dark Samus), with Alph becoming upgraded
15- Return of old enemies (polygons, etc)
16- Twelve character alts per character

Two more rounds of DLC (not enough to cost more than the base game)
Characters:
I'd guess 5-7 more echoes, which would absolutely include Octoling, and would likely include another Hyrule character (Impa, but maybe Tetra for Toon Link, and I'm hoping we would get a DK echo due to the resurgence after a new game... so, DK Jr is my thought)
Several more base roster characters that were fan requests, missing Nintendo Allstars, or represent the newer switch games.
I believe we would get Dixie Kong, I think we would indeed get either Excite Biker or Balloon Fighter, and I think Isaac would absolutely get in. I also think we would get a Rhythm Heaven character, IF we were supposed to in Sm4sh. I'd put some money on Captain Toad OR Paper Mario, and I think it is possible we would get a Pokemon that isn't new, but has new relevance...I'd hope Eevee after a new evolution. Maybe an oddball like 'Wars, Chibi Robo, or Takamaru- one Sakurai has an affinity towards.
Ring Fit Adventure will definitely be in, and I'm guessing it will be Dragaux.
I also think we would get one more classic third party, and I would say Scorpion is most likely, due to NRS being smaller, as well as to get Sub Zero echo).

DLC:
Jonesy seems a shoein.
Lara Croft would be the next Squeenix.
Koei Tecmo and Ubisoft would get representation, and I'd say Ubi could even get two.
Level 5 would get a character, maybe two (Jibanyan, Layton).
Capcom would get 1-2 characters (I think Resident Evil is absolute)
Bandai Namco would get two more (I'd hope for Agumon and Nightmare)
An Angry Bird
The first Sony character (Kratos?)
Sega gets 1-2 (Eggman? Yakuza guy? Aiai?)
Master Chief; maybe ALSO Doom Guy (who I think would make base)
Konami could get up to two more (Bomberman first... but...Frogger?)
Waluigi

Why it will happen:
To resell the entire game to people, and launch the new Switch edition
Sakurai is a perfectionist and will come up with more games
Sakurai is still in talks about rollback netcode (see conversation with Tekken Director)
Sakurai will want the opportunity to work with more legendary characters
They almost definitely made Sm4sh DLC negotiations with Smash Ultimate in mind. They easily could have had a fallback future plan for the next edition- since Nintendo thinks for the long game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For an Ultimate DX, I'd go with something simpler just to fill the blanks. Get all the old stages back first and foremost, including stuff that was cut like Jungle Hijinxs and Rainbow Road. An option to change the look of Battlefield and Final Destination to make them look like the various iterations of the old games would be great also.

Bring back Target Test. Making it different for all characters might be a little too much, so they could go with franchises.

Add a couple of new areas to the story mode where to include all the DLC characters and the new ones, maybe something like a Metroidvania area.

Newcomers:

• Crash Bandicoot would be the pig pull of the DX version. Moveset would be kinda obvious: he could place TNT crates, shoot wumpa fruits and stuff like that. Something akin to Banjo & Kazooie maybe, with a little of Incineroar in it. Comes with the iconic beach stage where the first game starts as a new stage.
  • Waluigi. It's time. Make it an annoying as hell joke character. Put the ********* taunt from Smash Football.
  • Chorus Kids were somehow lost in translation during Smash 4 and I considered them locked in for Ultimate so this would be a nice opportunity to get them back in. They come with their own stage of course.
  • Hisuian Decidueye: this is speculation since this character does not exist yet but I fully expect all the starters to have new evolutions in Legends Arceus, so this would look pretty cool. Sure Sword and Shield get nothing but this would be nice.
  • Dr. Eggman. Arguably Sonic is the biggest third party franchise to receive almost nothing else which feels weird. Make him an heavy as **** mecha with lasers and ****, Up B is him literally hovering for a while in any direction after losing its legs.

Echo fighters:

• Impa as a Sheik echo but using a staff for some of her moves, copying them from Byleth's maybe.
  • Dixie Kong as Diddy's echo. We all know this.
  • Revolver Ocelot as Snake's. Metal Gear also gets no love since Brawl and it's the first third party franchise ever in Smash, so let's give it some love. Nikita would be a sniper, stronger and faster but not controllable. Also his revolver should be incorporated somehow. A taunt is him playing with the revolver and it's long as ****, like Bayonetta's lol
  • Medusa as Palutena's. Bring back some of the old custom moves from Smash 4 to make her different and call it a day.
  • Shadow as Sonic's, of course
  • Coco Bandicoot's as Crash's, works exactly like him

New stages:

• Sanity Beach from Crash Bandicoot
  • Heaven World from Rhythm Heaven
  • a new stage from the Hisui region from Legends: Arceus
  • a new stage from Hyrule from Zelda: Breath Of The Wild 2
  • Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic
  • Soviet Union Forest from Metal Gear Solid 3
Other than this, they could tweak some characters and add a bunch of alternate costumes, but I tried to stay on the easy side of stuff if a game like this releases in a year or something. 5 new characters and a bunch of stuff back would be the most I think they'd go for a new version of the game to justify the 70-dollars price.

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon fans did not buy SwSh because of cuts, they buy in spite of them.
Half truth. Many Pokemon fans supported the cuts because they believed GF actually cut them to improve their lazy animations (didn't happen). Not the majority but a lot.

I do see your point though for the most part.

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace

I’d probably go with:

Waluigi
Bandana Waddle Dee
Officer Howard
Ring Fit Trainee
Toxicrity
Jill Valentine
Chosen Undead
Dante
Yuri
Master Chief
Crash or Sans

I really like the idea of rounding out all of the biggest Japanese gaming IPs with playable characters. I don’t think the Monster Hunter team will budge on a fighter though. They have everything but the fighter already (even if the stage is lame & only in SP). They seem adamant on Hunters not being the focus of the series; I don’t think there’s any Hunters in TEPPEN either.
For me:
Waluigi
Bandana Dee
Phoenix Wright
Monokuma
Doom Guy
Rillaboom (not a lolgrass pick i just like rillaboom)
Retro pick (MUDDY MOLE MY MAN)
Crash
Scorpion
Andy
Karate Joe

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

I’d probably go with:

Waluigi
Bandana Waddle Dee
Officer Howard
Ring Fit Trainee
Toxicrity
Jill Valentine
Chosen Undead
Dante
Yuri
Master Chief
Crash or Sans

I'd go with
Isaac
Rayman
Bomberman
Officer Howard
Lloyd
Daruk or any other Zelda
Andy from Advance Wars
Crash Bandicoot
Ryu Hayabusa
Doctor Eggman

Also out of curiosity to everyone when do the Ultimate character speculation threads get locked? I want to make a proper goodbye to some of those threads before then.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Purchasing something is a holistic transaction, not holistic approval. It's finding the ends justify the means, and that's a far cry from actively looking forward to everything therein. Any number of games you buy could be enabling crunch culture. Any system you buy enables the practices of Foxconn. Do you look forward to all of that? Or do you separate what you enjoy from what you have to accept as part of the package, if you want that thing?

Half truth. Many Pokemon fans supported the cuts because they believed GF actually cut them to improve their lazy animations (didn't happen). Not the majority but a lot.
That means they were looking forward to the animations, not looking forward to the cuts. When a delay gets support it's because people look forward to the product being better because of it, not because they're looking forward to waiting longer.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
About the idea of adding 11 characters in an "Ultimate Deluxe/DX/Special edition" to make the roster 100 characters, here's my semi-silly idea for it.

First of, I think it would be divided in 6 characters for base game, and 5 for the dlc.

Base game characters:
  • Akira/Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
  • Ring Fit Trainer
  • Insert Pokemon from the latest generation here (so most likely gen 9)
  • New Xenoblade protag
  • New FE lord
  • Another 1st party character that has a lot of request for a long time, so someone out of Waluigi, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Isaac, or Midna/Skull Kid
The logic here is mostly simple.
Assuming this is on a more powerfull hardware than the switch, the Astral Chain MC shouldn't pose too much problem anymore like he's speculated that he would have due to informations we got in the Sakurai Presents for Pyra and Mythra.

Ring Fit is pretty much the new Wii Fit, so I can easily see them joining here like Wii Fit did in 4.

Pokemon, Xenoblade, and FE are the classic cases of series with new main cast every entry (or new Pokedex every main entry for Pokemon), and since Sakurai said he always locks one for Pokemon and FE, I don't see why it wouldn't be the case with Xenoblade too. Though someone from Advance Wars could replace FE here.

The requested 1st party character is, well, the requested 1st party character, not much more to say about it. As much as I hate Waluigi, he fits the bill, but so do other characters.

A smaller 3rd party/3rd party from a co-operative 3rd party studio (like Ubisoft) and retro character ae also possible swaps for the requested 1st party.

Also echoes weren't acounted for this.

Now that the base game is done, this still leaves 5 slots for dlc, so here's a 3rd party exclusie fighter pass

Fighter Pass: Road to 100:
  • Someone from Capcom, likely Dante
  • Master Chief
  • Crash Bandicoot or someone from Square Enix
  • Someone from Sega or ArcSys
  • Either a smaller japanese 3rd party or a promotion pick for a new 1st party game
The logic here is also simple, for the most part.

Dante has been singled out as one of the most requested character during Ultimate's lifespan, so it's likely that he's going to be part of a fighter pass like this that would use the request for Ultimate as reference, though Phoenix Wright or someone from Resident Evil would also be likely in my opinion, which is why this is a more overall Capcom point.

Considering how the relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft is, and that Ultimate had 2 Microsoft characters trough 2 dlc cycles, Master Chief is pretty likely for a third one. He has also been very requested trough Ultimate, so one more point for him.

SE is in a similar position, though the main requests for their characters have already been fufilled for the most part, outside of 2B, though there's also the possibility for Lara Croft or someone smaller, like from Bravely Default or TWEWY. Crash is one of the most requested character trough Ultimate, so I'd say that he has actual good chance for the next game.

The one patern that survived trough this dlc cycle is that every dlc cycle have one fighting game character, so I wouldn't put it as too unlikely if Akira from Virtua Fighter or from one of ArcSys's series too. Another Sega character would be possible too, though that would leave another fighting game character to join, most likely from a smaller japanese 3rd party, as in the next point.

And the last one is kind of a cop-out, though I can see it happen too, even if not at the last character (unless they anounce more dlc withing the dlc).

There, you now have my very probably heavily flawed thoughs on what Ultimate 2: Electric Boogaloo could look like when it comes to newcomers.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Others like Kirby's modern representation, Wario having no Land content, Sonic as well and Zelda with clones.
Ah yes:
Hal also panders hard into Super Star.
Land is dead and that sucks, but if we were to get a Land Revival it's probably getting counted separately from Ware.
Zelda is really good in terms of content. Like, legit probably one of the best series in the game in terms of content. Main Issue Character wise is that they didn't go far enough with the Redone Animations on Champion Link, and they should've made that nmew move on Toon Link a New Special, like Pegasus Boots or Roc's Feather.
I thought we were just talking about First Parties? Also Street Fighter is FAR worse than Sonic, just saying. Like, legit Street Fighter in Smash is legit the worst represented series in Smash bar none. Like, they took literally everything from II. Yes, it's iconic and should be getting a good share of content, but by good share I don't mean 95% of it. Like, music wise, outside of the four remixes, half of which from the previous game, the rest of the music is, I kid you not, Two Versions of every track in Street Fighter II. One Set is enough why do you need two? Even if you still wanted to stick to the bigger successes, Street Fighter Alpha is RIGHT THERE! Add some Music from that. Also, why are Ryu and Ken's Air Speed taken directly from II? This just makes them feel awful in game. Like, if you're going to do Street Fighter Air Movement in Smash, at least allow them to Parry in the Air, like Street Fighter III. Not to mention ALSO having a contender for Worst Stage in the Game, and then you realize why I have so many issues with Street Fighter in Smash.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Since this is the final presentation, let's do a conspiracy theory.

Imran Khan posted this image. It's a picture with two things in focus. The mountain, as the caption added, and the sky.
Guess what sky is in japanese.

Sora is in:4pacman:

I hope I'm not right.
Somehow my stupid theory turned out to be correct.
I guess I need to do another one for FP3 to come true :4pacman:

Also I'm fine with Sora at this point, he looks cool to play, I just hope he's not top tier.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yeah, the Ult DX reaching 100 fighters concept has a thread, you can find it here:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
My mentality is that new content isn't just exclusive to newcomers. If the 64/Melee veterans got major overhauls in Smash 6, that's new content in eyes.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If Ultimate DX's base mirrored Ultimate's to this extent and we got 11 to bring us to the hundred, I'm thinking it could shape up sort of like this
  • (Fan Favourite) Waluigi
  • (Fan Favourite) Isaac / Geno (I honestly think he's likelier as a base addition than a DLC addition)
  • (Successful Nintendo series) Ring Fit Trainer
  • (Successful Nintendo series) Akira / future successful IP
  • (Mandatory Pokemon)
  • (Most recent character in series) either FE or Xenoblade. The other is DLC
  • (Sakurai being Sakurai pick) idk, someone like Nikki from Swapnote or something. Arcade Bunny. Sheriff. Something weird but kinda cool.
  • (Popular but not massive third-party w/ global appeal) Ryu Hayabusa / Lloyd / Bomberman
  • (Echo) Dixie?
  • (Echo) Octoling?
  • (Echo) Tails / Knuckles / Shadow
Most of the third-parties would be DLC again. And yes, I excluded BWD. I don't think he's going to get in while Sakurai's still helming things. Not that I think we're even going to get something like this, but BWD still doesn't fly even in my hypothetical, lol. Sorry.

And I feel like the usual echo disclaimer is necessary where I say just because a character can be an echo doesn't mean they couldn't be original and I agree it's not the best way to represent them.
my prediction for the next 11 fighters for deluxe version would be:
90. Zelda rep or Waluigi
91. Ring Fit Trainer
92. Bomberman
93. Isaac
94. Monster Hunter
95. Echo fighter (Ms. Pac-man or Octoling or Shadow or Black Knight)
96. Sukapon or any other Retro rep
97. Tetromino
98. Doom Slayer
99. Geno
100. Crash Bandicoot or Rayman

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I have a Few Questions I want to ask you guys, just an estimate

-Who do you think was the Most Expensive character to get in terms of Upfront Costs and Potential Royalties to have rights to the use of the character for Smash Ultimate?

-Do you think any of the Characters reached ONE Million U.S Dollars (Convert to Yen and such) in Licensing Costs in order to use them in Smash?

-If Ultimate were to have a Sequel and Bring back every single 3rd party present in this game, How much do you think the Total Licensing would cost in general?

We won't know the exact prices since Companies are very secretive about that, but it be fun to hear guesses and such.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I have a Few Questions I want to ask you guys, just an estimate

-Who do you think was the Most Expensive character to get in terms of Upfront Costs and Potential Royalties to have rights to the use of the character for Smash Ultimate?

-Do you think any of the Characters reached ONE Million U.S Dollars (Convert to Yen and such) in Licensing Costs in order to use them in Smash?

-If Ultimate were to have a Sequel and Bring back every single 3rd party present in this game, How much do you think the Total Licensing would cost in general?

We won't know the exact prices since Companies are very secretive about that, but it be fun to hear guesses and such.
First one is Sora, no doubt, cuz Disney. Even then the cost was reduced on account of unpersoning all the actual Disney characters

as for the other two questions, no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom