• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK vs Marth matchup.

rye_un

Smash Cadet
Respect his space and dd into things like grab. I think you can cc into dtilt til mid%s. Actually good DI will prevent you from being cared off stage(down and away from his f-airs).

Sorry for the lack of detail is class rn lol

Last edited:

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Mix up your recovery, recovering high too often will get you juggled and recovering low to often will result in spikes. Play more grounded, and crouch canceled based. Any grab you get make it count, and camp with b-air. Also I did this against The Moon with good success; to disrupt Marth's dash dance game use down b when he is retreating and then punish him accordingly with either a grab, n-air etc. It does work if you don't do it extremely often and the Marth is playing a more DD d-tilt grab neutral. Other then that just work on DI.

call2brawl7000

Smash Rookie
Many Marths aren't used to fighting a character that outranges him. F-tilt is a great tool in neutral. In general, I would say the key to fighting Marth is to punish his laggy stuff, but definitely respect his fast moves like d-tilt and f-air. The key is to punish him harder than he punishes you, which DK has the tools for.

Another tip is to refresh ledge invincibility while edgeguarding at the right time so that he has to recover on stage. If you can pull that off you can get a big ledgehop > d-air > whatever you want.

Crouch cancel down smash can land you a simple KO but can be too telegraphed sometimes. If he gets to high percent, grounded cargo uthrow to full jump double jump u-air is a reliable kill option, especially if you can jump up to a platform first.

I would say that pokemon stadium 2 is DK's best neutral starter against Marth. He can abuse the platforms and edgeguard you pretty easily but you net very early kills off the top using the platforms.

Top Bottom