• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK strategy for Boss Battles on Intense

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Before we being let me say a few things:
-We are doing this with DK. If you hate him or just can't understand him, you might as well back out.
-Learn the exact range of DK's down B
-The last 5 bosses get progressively stronger and faster.
-You want Galleom, Porkey, and Meta Ridley in the first 5 bosses. Though you don't need all 3, they are DK's hardest matches IMO
-Don't use the F-air. So much lag on the landing when you screw it up and that can mean game-over.
-Be patient, there is no fail-safe plan (that I know of)
-Unless you are dead set on 100% the game, don't bother. Intense is frustrating, cheap, and down right not fair. The prize is a Galleom (Tank Mode) trophy. Not a cool a trophy and not worth the headache. As I said, don't do this unless you want 100%.

-Master/Crazy Hand- These guys are easy, you shouldn't take more then 1 hit. The most dangerous move they have is the finger drill. I use a combo of the up-smash and back air. Play it safe and just go for 1 or 2 up-smashes each break then concentrate on dodging the attack.

-Petey-I find it easiest to use this combo: B-air, jump, b-air, up-air. I don't pick a cage and I just attack his head. It takes a while longer but it is safer. Just use the air dodge to avoid his jumps. Also, if he jumps away from you and you are on the outside, wait for him. He'll bring the fight to you sooner or later.

-Rayquaza- Don't do anything at the start of the fight, usually he'll lunge to the left side and you can dodge it. Go for 2 ground pounds and wait. (Press down-B twice, DK strikes the ground twice with each press of Down-b). Stand at the max range and keep only using 2 sets of the ground pound and you should be able to avoid most, if not all damage. Personally I can't dodge his 'Lightning Wheel' attack but if you are lucky he won't use it.

-Porky- WOW, I hate this boss. Use the down-b at max range and he shouldn't hit you. Sadly I don't have a failsafe strat for Porkey. I have beaten him taking only 40 damage, and other times 150. If he catches you in the 1000 Stabs DI up. It seems to be the only way to escape it. When he does the Laser Ball move away from him and spam the spot dodge and pray for the best. You can go 'balls-to-the-wall' and spam the down-b and sometimes do well, sometimes fail horribly. If anyone has a better strat for this guy, just leave a post on it.

-Ridley- In my opinion Ridley can go really well or do to much damage. At the start of the fight move left and wait for Ridley. If you are on the very left edge his tail can't hit you, he'll back off before reaching you. Eventually he'll most likely move off the screen and fly towards you. I find it best to hold your shield and try and spot dodge it rather than air dodge it. DO NOT USE THE UP-B TO ESCAPE IT. DK gets no vertical distance and will most likely get rocked. You can up-smash spam him to when he is right above you. When he flys into the background to lunge through you, wait till he appears in the back then double jump and air dodge. The last attack to worry about is the attack where he falls on you from above. I can't help you learn the timing, just takes practice. Oh, I like to use my up-taunt when he roars at me. I just think it looks awesome.

-Meta-Ridley- What a pain he is too. He has a lot of attacks the push the ship down and kill you. This is DK's toughest fight IMO because DK is kinda slow in the air, and it sucks when you land on the Falcon Flyer only to be shoved down to your death. I use the combo of: b-air, jump, b-air, b-air. The two moves that shove the ship down have a small animation from meta-ridley you must watch for. Both times he'll roar and a red ring will appear. Move to the right of the ship, jump and air dodge. Not only do both moves do big knockback, they have a good chance to push you under the blast zone. I strongly suggest restarting if you don't get Meta-Ridley in the first 3 fights.

-Galleom- If you get Galleom in the first 5 matches he is pretty easy. At the start of the fight, wait a split second and he'll 95% of the time use his missile attack. Get in there fast and spam down-b. If you go fast you can take 3/5 of his life. As long as he doesn't do his uppercut or spin attack you can easily dodge his next attack. After he finishes the missiles roll back twice to avoid the next attack. You can up-b through his quadruple hop. The charge jump can be air dodged. The only other attack worth mention is the shockwave attack. Just don't forget there is a shockwave that drags you off the screen. Every other attack of his has plenty of start of time and shouldn't pose a problem. Down-B destroys the boss just make sure you learn Galleom's awkward hitbox.

Duon- Bait him into the first attack so you can dodge. Watch out, cause if you come into the boss around 60% he typically lunges to the other side first, which usually kills. You want to wait for him to switch to his white side. Then get in there and spam down B. Standing at max range prevents you from being sucked into the spin attack so as I said, learn the down-b range and you should do fine on this boss battle. Unless he lunges as soon as he switches side you should be able to take him down quickly. Sadly, I find myself just going in there quick and hoping for some luck. Your down-b spam should take him down in two sessions. If he fires the missiles consider yourself lucky since you can just down-b spam and kill him, if not take 4/5 of his life. So basically, wait for him to switch to the white side, then stand as far as you can and still reach with the down-b, and go to town.

Tabuu- I lied, this is DK's hardest fight. Sadly there is no good strategy for Tabuu, no matter who you are. Patience, patience, patience. Do not go for more damage, play it safe. Alternate between the b-air and up-air so you can keep them strong. My best advice is to go to SSE and play on intense and practice against Tabuu. At first, just learn the attack pattern, then work on doing it with just DK. If you can do it with just DK, you are ready.

As I said, Boss Battles on intense is not fun, it is tedious, not fair, and down right frustrating. Unless you need 100%, don't bother. I tried a lot of strategies, and this seemed to be the best in my opinion. Just keep on trying, and eventually it'll click. Oh, if you get frustrated, quit for a bit. I don't play better when I'm pissed. Good luck and have fun. :psycho:

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, this is on gamefaqs message board right now, are you the same guy?

Top Bottom