• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

divekick isnt fun for anyone

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
her divekick is so broken. why is it unpunishable on block, and a kill move?

what do you zss mains think should happen to this move balance wise. i hate it no matter who im playing as.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If she uses it to hit you when you're on the stage, shield it. Her endlag upon landing it on someone is extensive. Spotdodging into a punish or rolling away should also work. As a ZSS main, I think it's a really fun and very good move, but I have been punished for misusing it in the past.
My favourite uses for it are to spike people, to dodge projectiles and to punish anyone who is too close when they use a move with long enough recovery - for example, Pit's arrows, Falco's laser. Grounding them at high percents leads to a guaranteed up-B kill. So... don't leave yourself open on the ground within range of her down-B. :p

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
So many people are so quick to call something "Broken" or "OP" just because they can't deal with it.

This "Broken" move IS NOT UNPUNISHABLE ON BLOCK. I know this because I've used it on a blocking foe and been punished really hard for it. Just practice against a ZSS for a while. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Morbi

Scavenger
I agree with DoctorDub, the divekick is punishable on block and the endlag is horrendous. It is one of her (only) unsafe options.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I assume we are talking about just normal down b kicks not custom, And while it is super laggy on block there are a few things to note.
1. If you down b kick someones shield high enough above ground level (for e bowsers shield since hes big) you will be able to jump before you hit the ground.
2. you can always mix things up by making the kick hit their shield so you bounce off and then grab the ledge of a stage gaining invincibility.
3. If you got their shield low enough shield pokes doh.

Top Bottom