• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disregard this, someone was using my account without my permission.

Orions

Smash Rookie

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet
If you seriously only have five days to learn one of their fundamental techniques, I don't think you should use ice climbers in a tournament. That's just my opinion though.

Orions

Smash Rookie

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet
well i just signed up today and been using them for weeks
Did you have to state which character you were going to use? Even if you've been using them for weeks, if you don't have desynching down like it's second nature you really won't do all too well, or at least that's what I'm guessing. Desynching is basically performing one move before the lag of another one ends. Sorry that I'm not really helping with your actual question and just kind of circumventing it.

Orions

Smash Rookie

B0NK

Smash Lord
I have to agree. You need more than five days to incorporate it into your play style. And there isn't really any advice to help you use a desynch. Aznpkilla said exactly what you have to do "performing one move before the lag of another one ends." There isn't anything more to it except practice. And by practice I mean using it against players of equal or better skill level than you. So you can practice in the tourney but if you do that you probably won't do too well. It seems like you use Snake so I say just use him. I've heard he has done pretty well in tournaments. :rolleyes:

Orions

Smash Rookie

B0NK

Smash Lord
im actually just using someone else account, so basically there is no amount of time to do it just get them out and fallow up there?
Basically. Or in the five days you can meet up some friends and practice together. If your friend uses Snake then that's great practice for desynching since it one of the best ways to play Snake. To play a Snake it's almost fundamental to use desynch Ice Blocks and Blizzards to keep him from taking out grenades and all of his other weapons. Regardless, I wish you luck.

Orions

Smash Rookie

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
I think that's your problem, being a IC main, i think its almost required to use a GAmeCube controller since the c-stick is vital for grab combos..... as for desyncing ice blocks... i can help you with 3 eZ methods...

1. The ICs in this game start out desynced b4 the match starts so simply start it from there

2. My 1st method of desync was the Z and back method, Press Z and back simultaneosly and as soon as you see Popo roll start pressing B.

3. I'm assuming you know how to chain grab... cuz if not >_> you really shoudnt be here... just do a d-throw to fair once or twice and it will desync them, just follow u pwith the standard b....

4. I'm giving you an extra one since im nice =), Side B 3 times and it will desync them so u can just ice block from there =)....

Good Luck... but seriously your not ready for the tourny IMO...

Orions

Smash Rookie

Top Bottom