• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Displaying SSBM on a monitor.

Torque

Smash Rookie
Hello smashboards!

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to put this, since I didn't see an equipment thread.

My question is this:
Is there any way to display a lag free SSBM experience on a computer monitor?

Right now I'm using a radeon TV tuner card and it has (besides poor image quality) a 3 to 4 frame lag rate that I find extremely annoying.

I'm currently looking at stuff like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&Description=vga+box+1400x1050&Submit=ENE&N=0&Ntk=all&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

but I have no way of knowing if the framerate will sync with the cube or not.

The monitor can max at 1400x1050, with 75hz (15 faster than the cube, so no problems there.)

The monitor can handle it but my current adaption method cannot. I just want to know if someone out there has found a device that works effectively.

Thanks in advance,

-Torque

pdk

Smash Lord
i own a vga box and it's fine (aside from only having composite cables for the cube on hand, yuck), granted i don't know how to measure the lag on it, how would you go about doing that?

Torque

Smash Rookie
I don't have a scientific method for measuring frame lag, I just know that on my computer I can tap the stick on the char selection screen and the hand will move after I have let up. To further confirm my suspicions the hand does no such thing when I am on a TV.

Also, characters seem sluggish on the card vs the TV.

I guess just play on both and see if you notice a difference.

Top Bottom