• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion about Pika’s Quick Attack on GC controller

brayden77

Smash Rookie
NNID
torterra1205
3DS FC
0490-8559-4994
I’m still an amateur of Smash, but I use a GC controller. One thing I noticed is that the directional notches by the analog sticks that help you set the stick to a cardinal or diagonal direction easily really makes Pikachu’s Quick Attack harder to control. It’s easier to pull off an upward diagonal recovery (up-left, up-right), but now it’s difficult to go in the normal 15 degree directions to maximize upward distance. Does anyone have anything to say about making QA more precise?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I find Pika's up-B really hard to control without the octagonal gate that's on the gamecube controllers, but missing on the Switch Pro Controller. But I much prefer the button layout and triggers of the modern controllers. So it's annoying. I used the Classic Controller Pro for smash4 which has both, except it puts the control-stick in a weird spot (where the Dpad should be instead) which makes it harder to control, and also of course uses the Wiimote with its wifi lag.

I would love a best-of-all-worlds controller which to me would just be the Switch Pro Controller but with an octagonal gate, and also make sure that the driver gives it no worse lag than GC controller (there's rumours it might sometimes be at frame-1 disadvantage, ugh).

But now that you mention it -- would it be possible to notch at 15degrees to make for perfect quick-attack angles? That would be awesome. Like how some people would file little notches into their GC controllers to help with some things, maybe we could do that to assist Pika quick-attack. If that would even be legal.

Top Bottom