• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Disconencted from network during data transmission"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonasN

Smash Rookie
Some may have seen this on other sites, but I am testing my luck, everything is better than this "nothing".

This is a main problem of mine

It actually works to get online all the time., but wherever I go, for example a "against anyone" match.
My character is there for 30 seconds to about 3 minutes just waiting for someone. It´s the same when trying to join a friend. But i think I have to add that I had 4 matches today. 3 3vs matches and 1 1v1.

And then I get this sentence "disconnected from network during data transmission", and the error code "86420", which I have read alot about.

I find my router inwolved, since when I dont use the router, it works fine, everything works fine, but the problem is that i can´t stay on my computer, i can´t have contact with anyone or work on my computer. And I´m also pretty tired to go forth and back with the cord all the time. it allways seems to be a bit laggy at the beginning, and thats what I hate. Since I go on chat on my computer to set up matches, somewhat competitive matches. And I cant put on a smile when I lose 3-2 in laggy matches, I am only getting mad.

So, what might be the problem of my router? I am using a wired connection and a Wii LAN adapter.
I have a wireless router(both are netgear and both works) as well, but I got tired of the poor results and was hoping for something better with the Wii LAN adapter.

Anyway, I have done alot of stuffs for this to work, and I have tbeen trying to get a game with anyone the last 18 hours. Thats both sadness and madness. I´m going to school in 2 hours, and I wont be happy. I haven´t slept, since I didn´t want to, I just wanted to fix this.

When I am on my Routers homepage, and am checking the "attached devices" list, I can sometimes see the Wii there, but the most of the times not! :(

The "DMZ" box is checked, and the wiis IP adress is filled in.

I have forwarded all the ports. In the WAN setup, there is also one thing called "Connect automatically, as required" which the box is checked on.

To be honest, I erased all the port forwarding, since I watched a guys clip on youtube, and detected it was enough with the "DMZ".

I dont know where this could change the story, but before, I also did these stuffs on the modems homepage. Port forwarding, DMZ and all the stuffs.

And I should tell ya that the Wii setting are done correctly, I have got it to succesfull both automatically and manually.

Can somebody tell me what means with a static IP? The Wii gotta have one, I know. But if static means "not to change", then something is weird over here, since I have seen 2 different IPs for my Wii. Since I don´t care about it, I will tell ya the difference.

First time it was 176.16.0.3
Second time it was 176.16.0.5

I´ve been reading around in many topics about something similar, but can hardly find anything that helps. I need some serious help with what to do :)

I also know that there have been many unanswered question about stuffs like this and around.
I hope for a answer that could be helpful. Error codes messages won´t help tho, I´ve been checking around the whole world :<

Best regards

Jonas

ayojoe

Smash Rookie
With Anyone is broken. Error Code 86420 is common when searching. You either get it or you get lucky and actually find a match. Nothing is wrong with your connection.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Some may have seen this on other sites, but I am testing my luck, everything is better than this "nothing".

This is a main problem of mine

It actually works to get online all the time., but wherever I go, for example a "against anyone" match.
My character is there for 30 seconds to about 3 minutes just waiting for someone. It´s the same when trying to join a friend. But i think I have to add that I had 4 matches today. 3 3vs matches and 1 1v1.

And then I get this sentence "disconnected from network during data transmission", and the error code "86420", which I have read alot about.

I find my router inwolved, since when I dont use the router, it works fine, everything works fine, but the problem is that i can´t stay on my computer, i can´t have contact with anyone or work on my computer. And I´m also pretty tired to go forth and back with the cord all the time. it allways seems to be a bit laggy at the beginning, and thats what I hate. Since I go on chat on my computer to set up matches, somewhat competitive matches. And I cant put on a smile when I lose 3-2 in laggy matches, I am only getting mad.

So, what might be the problem of my router? I am using a wired connection and a Wii LAN adapter.
I have a wireless router(both are netgear and both works) as well, but I got tired of the poor results and was hoping for something better with the Wii LAN adapter.

Anyway, I have done alot of stuffs for this to work, and I have tbeen trying to get a game with anyone the last 18 hours. Thats both sadness and madness. I´m going to school in 2 hours, and I wont be happy. I haven´t slept, since I didn´t want to, I just wanted to fix this.

When I am on my Routers homepage, and am checking the "attached devices" list, I can sometimes see the Wii there, but the most of the times not! :(

The "DMZ" box is checked, and the wiis IP adress is filled in.

I have forwarded all the ports. In the WAN setup, there is also one thing called "Connect automatically, as required" which the box is checked on.

To be honest, I erased all the port forwarding, since I watched a guys clip on youtube, and detected it was enough with the "DMZ".

I dont know where this could change the story, but before, I also did these stuffs on the modems homepage. Port forwarding, DMZ and all the stuffs.

And I should tell ya that the Wii setting are done correctly, I have got it to succesfull both automatically and manually.

Can somebody tell me what means with a static IP? The Wii gotta have one, I know. But if static means "not to change", then something is weird over here, since I have seen 2 different IPs for my Wii. Since I don´t care about it, I will tell ya the difference.

First time it was 176.16.0.3
Second time it was 176.16.0.5

I´ve been reading around in many topics about something similar, but can hardly find anything that helps. I need some serious help with what to do :)

I also know that there have been many unanswered question about stuffs like this and around.
I hope for a answer that could be helpful. Error codes messages won´t help tho, I´ve been checking around the whole world :<

Best regards

Jonas
Well, the same thing happens here! i cant play With Anyone, i can spectate, and because im in georgia, i can only play with my friends if they are in ohio, illinois, virginia, etc. i hate it sooo bad dude, well i hope this helps....
btw, i have wireless broadband with clearwire.com or clear.com

anyway, tell me if this helps...

Happy Smashing!

ting1198

Smash Rookie
1. Do you receive this error every time you try and connect?
* If you receive this error every time, please proceed to step #2 on this page.
* If you receive this error only when playing a particular friend, then it is likely a problem with the friend's firewall settings on their connection. If possible, recommend to your friend that they visit the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

2. Ensure your router has the latest firmware installed. Visit your router manufacturer?s website and look for any updated firmware that may be available (these are typically found under "downloads" or by searching for your particular model number). Contact your router manufacturer for additional assistance.

3. If the above information does not solve your problem, you may consider adjusting your router's Port Forwarding settings*. Each router is unique, so consult the owner's manual for your router or contact the manufacturer for specific information on working with your router's ports. For your information:
* If you are prompted for a device or profile name, you can enter anything you like (such as Wii, etc.).
* The starting port to open is 1, the ending port to open is 65535 (or as high as the router will allow).
* Protocols will need to be set to UPD only.
* Set the IP address for the ports to forward to the same as the Wii's static IP that you assigned in the previous step on this page.

If you are still unable to connect, please call 1-800-255-3700 in the USA or Canada for more information.
===========
Self Certified Mortgage UK
Andrew Reynolds

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Well, the same thing happens here! i cant play With Anyone, i can spectate, and because im in georgia, i can only play with my friends if they are in ohio, illinois, virginia, etc. i hate it sooo bad dude, well i hope this helps....
btw, i have wireless broadband with clearwire.com or clear.com

anyway, tell me if this helps...

Happy Smashing!
Freaky, I have the same problem. I live in Georgia, and my ISP is Clear. But before we switched to Clear, online worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom