• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disabling team colors?

crabsmack

Smash Cadet
Hey all. I'm wondering if there's any way to disable team auto-colors? As in, have Mario and Luigi on a team while keeping them both their default colors, or their Fire Flower colors, etc. Basically not tying the color of the character to their team color.

Fortress

Smash Master
Just find a recolor of Mario on the Vault such as Smash 4 Mario (in which his color scheme is the same) and throw him onto Mario's normal green team slot. Or, do the same for Weegee and throw him on his red team slot.

That's about all I can think of.

crabsmack

Smash Cadet
Yeah, thought of that, but it's pretty inelegant and would still tie the color to the team color: it'd just be a different color. At that point wouldn't be worth it- I was just using Mario & Luigi as an example, ideally there'd be some way to just completely disable team auto-color and be able to freely pick your color.

I don't know if that's possible, but I figured this was the place to ask.

Fortress

Smash Master
I guess, just play 2v2 and don't attack whomever is on your 'team'? I mean, pre-set Team rules use friendly fire, anyway, so, yeah.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I guess, just play 2v2 and don't attack whomever is on your 'team'? I mean, pre-set Team rules use friendly fire, anyway, so, yeah.
What does friendly fire settings have to do with this thread?

OP I feel your pain, although matching team colors is nice looking and uniform I have troubles sometimes when I"m Falcon and my partner is Gannon

There should be an option to disable team colors if everyone has a name tag or something.

Fortress

Smash Master
What does friendly fire settings have to do with this thread?
Well, I understood the topic of the thread as "I want to play teams, but I want people to be able to use any color; not just their team color." That's why I suggested the whole 'just put a recolor over the team color' thing. When that didn't pan out, I thought, "well, hey, a team game in which two people fight two people using whatever colors they want? That sounds like a free-for-all in which the players decide whom they aren't attacking".

It made sense to me, anyway.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I like that it's locked in. The idea of using matching outfits that aren't red green or blue is nice but it's chaos without uniformity between teams.

crabsmack

Smash Cadet
I like that it's locked in. The idea of using matching outfits that aren't red green or blue is nice but it's chaos without uniformity between teams.

I wasn't suggesting it to be put in for a standard release or anything, I understand the point of team colors. I was just wondering if it was possible to modify my personal copy.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I wasn't suggesting it to be put in for a standard release or anything, I understand the point of team colors. I was just wondering if it was possible to modify my personal copy.

Oh. My bad. Still I thought the same way as you and Sony Smash quickly showed me it's a bad idea.

Not telling you what to do, just saying what I experienced.

Top Bottom