• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disabling sound mods

JusesCrust

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to run PM on Dolphin, but my machine is too slow for the LLE audio emulation it requires. Disabling audio emulation entirely is apparently impossible, so does anyone know which mods/codes require LLE, so that I can remove them and emulate PM using the much faster HLE? I'm A-OK playing with the sound off, if that's what it takes.

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, and thanks in advance.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
J JusesCrust I'm using DSP HLE right now and I don't even mess around with dolphin settings that much. Which version of dolphin are you using?
If you want, I can send a screenshot of all the settings I use. However, I don't have 60 fps emulation at all times. ( Usually when there are items or stage hazards involved)

JusesCrust

Smash Rookie
That's strange, but hopeful I suppose. I'm using Dolphin 4.0-9219 on Mac and the latest hackless build of Project M on a 1 gigabyte virtual SD card. Default ISO, SD in, cheats off. When I go to the stage builder, Dolphin warns me that "This title might be incompatible with DSP HLE emulation. Try using LLE if this is home-brew. Unknown ucode (CRC = a81582e2) - forcing AXWii." The boot menu then pops up normally, I select to launch, and it fades to black, but it doesn't get any farther.

EDIT: I got it working. Went into the config.xml and set Usesoundeffects and usemusic or whatever they were called to false, then turned off dual core and it worked. Still interested in other solutions, however, if anyone has any.

Last edited:
Top Bottom