• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disabled a menu sound, not sure how

Sundark

Smash Apprentice
Hey all.

While in the process of updating my music pack, I've somehow managed to disable a specific menu sound. Specifically, Menu number 1 in sound test, or the sound that plays when you hover over different characters, hover over stages, and generally move around in menus. Attempting to play it in sound test yields silence.

The last thing I did was to try and switch Bowser's Castle with its alt in the game files (So renaming the .pac files to swap them), as well add a few extra custom song volume codes via Brawl Song Manager.

To my knowledge I didn't touch any of the menu sounds, so I'm not really sure how this happened.

If anyone has any information, please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm using a CSS song rotation code (below), and it seems as though the sound is there to start and works just fine, but is disable as soon as the first rotation happens, going from the first song on the rotation to the second. It doesn't come back after that.

Code:
C2078E28 00000007
809C0178 2C1B0004
40820028 8082FFF0
2C040000 4182000C
2C04270D 4180000C
38802707 3884FFFF
38840001 9082FFF0
60000000 00000000

EDIT2: Checking on Dantarion's website, it's probably going to be this sound:
ID: 0000
Internal name: snd_se_system_cursor

Last edited:

Sundark

Smash Apprentice
Alright, well, the menu sound going away appears to be independent of the rotation code, because when I suddenly discovered my GCT file had become corrupt (or something, Brawl Song Manager isn't reading it anyway and that was the problem last time), I tried to rebuild it. Sometimes I can get certain codes to work, and sometimes completely different codes work, and I'm never really sure why in either case.

Anyway, the menu sound still turns off sometimes, even when the rotation code is not present. Usually right after entering the Stage Select Screen. It's also independent of anything to do with Bowser's Castle, as I did indeed fix that (though there was a moment there where I managed to break the ASL because I wasn't able to load any alts, which was fun).

Top Bottom