• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's Fire Strategy?

Aran

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Zelda for a while, and the other day I realized something about Din's Fire that I didn't realize before. You can tilt the fire up, then tilt it back down. I know it seems obvious, and if people have been using this for years, sorry for bringing it up. But this provides for some interesting tactics. If you use it on an enemy, they often think it's missed, and throw a counter projectile or start moving towards you. You can then move it back down and hit them when they're unshielded. It also messes with people who like to spot dodge Din's. If you tilt it down fairly late, because Din's explosion gets larger the longer it's being held, the Din's can be about a full body length or more above someone and still hit, so even if it looks like it's going to miss it'll probably still hit.

I've been using this mainly to mindgame, and it's been working well, but my opponents haven't been that great in the past few days, so I was wondering about the viability of this. What do you guys think?

Edit: I forgot the best part! It works a TON better when you're in the air and aim it down, then up. At least against my friend yesterday, he kept jumping over them and then getting hit anyways.

Top Bottom