• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's Fire into stage

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
For anyone who has trouble with properly timing Din's Fire, I noticed that running it into the stage, at the location you want to hit, makes it a lot easier to land. The minimum distance it has to fly doing this is about a quarter of FD, which is slightly more than the minimum distance than using it straight-on.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
How does it make it easier to land?

Funnily enough, I do exactly that myself, but it's been subconscious. Never actually had a reason for doing it.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Because it no longer makes it about timing, really. When it makes contact with the stage, it's put it into max-range mode and will explode after a set delay.

You still have to time when to start pulling it down, as it's very slow, but it just feels a lot smoother and maybe has more potential for punishing rolls, if that's their method for avoiding it.

LeKevin

Smash Rookie
I like curving it. It's kind of fun doing and it's fun to think that it makes me look cooler (I know it doesn't.) But I have noticed that putting it in the stage does help hit the opponent, at least like when they keep moving anyways. It doesn't necessarily help me sweet spot them, but it helps if I just need to hit them enough to where it'll give me space.

Top Bottom