• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dimensional cape question

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, i'm getting more used to dc in general, but something occurred to me earlier tonight at a fest that i can't really test very well on my own.

when you use dc in the air, does mk continue to "fall" as he moves about? i tried to use it to do a tricksy recovery and angled where i thought i should've ended up, but when i popped back out i seemed to be about where i would have been had mk continued falling, while moving at the dc speed and angle while invisible.

not sure if i just super fumbled the input or if there's more going on behind the scenes.

thanks for any input.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
When DC is activated I don't believe he moves at all without user input (including falling). He really stalls in place pretty hard.

Remember that to shorten MK's DC movement you pause before you start to move and not after. As soon as you push a direction he will go as far as he can. So in order to go half distance: activate DC, wait a split second, and then choose a direction. You can't push a direction immediately and then let go of the control stick halfway through. I'm sure you already knew that, but that would be the only explanation I can think of for what you're describing (or flubbed input like you said).

Edit: there is that thing where you can sorta "bounce" at the very end when you reappear from being invisible, if you're holding a direction when you reappear. Most noticeable when you're holding a direction different from the one you're traveling in.

Anyway I got no idea what I'm sayin'. You know how when you wake up after a night of drinking and you don't feel hungover, instead you still feel kinda drunk. Yeah...

But yeah the main point is that he doesn't seem to move at all while invisible unless the player does it. Gonna keep testing but I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Remember that to shorten MK's DC movement you pause before you start to move and not after.
oh damn, i actually didn't know this. now i can play around with it a bit more. so you can shorten the distance you go, without attacking to do so? this is actually really interesting...

and i totally didn't do that, i went a full distance dc, just ended up waaaaaaay lower than i expected to. i'll attribute it to a missed input due to lack of practice, then.

Top Bottom