• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI'ing Marth's chaingrab

Bizzy

Smash Apprentice
I attended a tournament this past Saturday and did fairly well, I ended up losing to a Marth player in losers 2-1. His whole offensive strategy was chaingrabbing me across the stage then ending it with a tipper usually resulting in a stock. I felt so helpless, if I DI'd away that would just put me in range of a tipper but if I didn't I would just get chaingrabbed anyway. Very frustrating, so for those of you who have more match up experience and knowledge help a fellow TL main out? Plz?

MrDoubleT

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure you want to DI away, it should put you out of its range, especially if he is going for another grab. That leads to my second point, mix up your DI, sometimes DI towards him if you believe he is going to try and regrab; he'd most likely grab too far and miss. Don't take my word on this though, but have you tried DI'ing up and away? And then perhaps try and jump out. Otherwise, #dontgetgrabbed

Foo

Smash Lord
From my experience smash DI (spam the !@#$ out of that cstick) down and away while spamming L works. If he doesn't do the grab nearly perfectly, you'll air dodge out of it. However, if he is throwing you off the stage at low % you want to DI up and towards him so you don't lost a stock at low %. I can't tell you the exact %, but I think you can dodge the F-smash off stage at around 25% safely. I'd recommend checking it though.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
DI-ing away will get you Fsmashed, DI-ing in will get you regrabbed. I play PP regularly, and I couldn't figure out how to DI it for the longest time & it would upset me a ton until I finally asked.

You don't DI the F-Throw at all just like Melee.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I just started playing with tink, but with kirby i can usually DI down and away and then tech really quick before he hits me.

Top Bottom