• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different Grabs

CeLL

Smash Lord
When are you supposed to do a jump cancelled grab over a dashing grab? Are you supposed to ever do a boost grab?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
When are you supposed to do a jump cancelled grab over a dashing grab? Are you supposed to ever do a boost grab?
Well, JCG comes a few frames faster and can be preformed after a shine. So after a shine, a wiff or a hit, you can go for one. I don't think there are to many situation where you wouldn't want to JCG. I forget what a boost grab is.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Boost grabbing is cancelling a dash attack with a grab. Makes a huge range improvement for Falco. It's like a DACUS without the up input.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
with fox always do the jump cancelled grab. trust me. his dash attack is so laggy, and any range advantage you do get from the boost grab is still inferior to the jump cancelled version since he has such a high running speed (and this, a far slide. falco is a different story, but with fox, trust me, JC is the way to go.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
with fox always do the jump cancelled grab. trust me. his dash attack is so laggy, and any range advantage you do get from the boost grab is still inferior to the jump cancelled version since he has such a high running speed (and this, a far slide. falco is a different story, but with fox, trust me, JC is the way to go.
Thanks. Time to get used to never dash grabbing.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
lol. I mean certain characters can make use out of the dash grab, dont get me wrong. fox is definitely not one of those characters though. getting in the habbit of JC grabbing isnt really that hard. i do it all the time naturally, its very second nature to me by now. you should be able to adjust in no time.

CeLL

Smash Lord
lol. I mean certain characters can make use out of the dash grab, dont get me wrong. fox is definitely not one of those characters though. getting in the habbit of JC grabbing isnt really that hard. i do it all the time naturally, its very second nature to me by now. you should be able to adjust in no time.
I mean time to get used to never dash grabbing with Fox. I already do JC grabs occasionally, but I haven't tried to make it muscle memory to do it every time I want to grab.

Top Bottom