• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Differences between Ganons in Melee and Project M?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ganondorf_(PM)

The main points are :
-His side B is a command grab that forces knockdown, great for setting up tech chases
-His up B now has an uppercut after the grab hitbox finishes that helps against edgeguarders
-His down B can be B reversed (flick back right after inputting down B) and edgecanceled both on the ground and in the air
-His Dtilt and Ftilt have their Brawl animation, but retain their
melee stats
-He has a new and more practical Utilt, I call it "respect for the king"
-Finally and most importantly : you can reverse your Warlock Punch up to 4 times !!!!

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
-Aerial wizard foot can be ledge-cancelled
-Sweetspot added to fair, with the sourspot dealing the same damage and knockback as Ganon's fair in Melee.
-Down-b does more knockback and travels much further.
-Nair got buffed and is actually a useful move now. It has a very lenient autocancel window now.

Can't really think of anything else besides that, but I'm sure I might have missed something.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
nair had an extremely lenient auto cancel window in melee as well. his fair matches melee entirely. there is no sweetspot/flub on it at all. they're all the same stats .

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Nair is actually a double sex kick, with the strong part on the first two frames of each kick (like melee) and an added weak hit box on the remaining frames of the kicks. You can check the hitbox data for melee and PM Ganon and see for yourself.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm a long time melee Ganon main, just played project M ganon for the first time a few days ago.

It really seemed like bair is super nasty at the edge. It honestly seemed to hit people that were VERY close to a perfect sweetspot (like a tipman spike/reverse uair spike in melee), and seemingly has more knockback (but I'm used to people DI'ing the bair well in melee... not sure how DI works in PM). Any thoughts on bair?

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I'm a long time melee Ganon main, just played project M ganon for the first time a few days ago.

It really seemed like bair is super nasty at the edge. It honestly seemed to hit people that were VERY close to a perfect sweetspot (like a tipman spike/reverse uair spike in melee), and seemingly has more knockback (but I'm used to people DI'ing the bair well in melee... not sure how DI works in PM). Any thoughts on bair?
Bair is my go-to edgeguarding tool. It has an absurdly large hitbox that, as you pointed out, hits really low and can even hit people that barely miss out on their sweetspot. With that said, you can DI Ganon's bair a little bit more easily than most moves because of the naturally high angle it sends you at and the decent amount of hitlag that it has. Bair is still mad good, though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It makes sense that my opponents weren't DI'ing well (even though they play PM and I don't)... seems a lot like melee but reaches lower. Sick.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
for some reason, I feel like Ganon's up and down angled ftilts have more vertical reach in PM and more horizontal reach in melee. I don't know what it is exactly, but when I play Ganon in melee, it's so easy for me to stuff SH approaches (esp against Marth and Falcon) with up angled ftilt. The vertical reach is just right for SHs, leaving enough horizontal reach to beat out Marth fairs and Falcon nairs. When I do it in PM, I always miss and get hit by both moves. I've generally only been able to use up angled ftilt for platform tech chases and as a grounded alternative to uair to punish people above and slightly in front of me.

Top Bottom