• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difference between Doc and Mario?

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
I know lots of people have asked this but I am very curious since he might be my 2nd main after puff.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So ALOT has been said already and I suggest you read the threads here. The "Why Mario > Doc" thread has ALOT to say. So go read that one. If you still have any questions feel free to ask here and we'll be more than happy to answer them.

Also...

What are your concerns with maining one of the two?

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
So ALOT has been said already and I suggest you read the threads here. The "Why Mario > Doc" thread has ALOT to say. So go read that one. If you still have any questions feel free to ask here and we'll be more than happy to answer them.

Also...

What are your concerns with maining one of the two?
I don't know I thought there might be a advantage of their moveset or something that would make one better than the other

Henrik Lagerholm

Smash Cadet
Generally i'd say Mario is speed and Doc is power.

Mario's recovery frames are fewer and Doc's F.air is a great K.O move and his reversed sexkick makes a very interesting gameplay.
Then again, Mario's f.smash is stronger, i believe.

So pick what suits you best. I'd recommend reading up on them both here on the forums and deciding what you like most about them individually.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Doc's and Mario's speeds are the same. Mario is more combo where Doc is more power. Doc's fsmash is stronger but it's range is a lot less. I'd say it's about as strong as falcon's knee.

Henrik Lagerholm

Smash Cadet
Doc's and Mario's speeds are the same. Mario is more combo where Doc is more power. Doc's fsmash is stronger but it's range is a lot less. I'd say it's about as strong as falcon's knee.
By speed i do not mean the actual running speed (Doc has faster falling speed though according to the Mario > Doc thread) but i mean that Mario's L-cancel from air attacks are less recovery frames and therefore technically faster.

--

Ok, i didn't know Doc's fsmash was stronger though. Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Doc's air smash is very powerful compared to Mario's. His standard B is also more powerful and more bouncy than Mario's standard B. Charged smash attacks are also more powerful but it is a shorter range. As for the capes, Doc's cape is less effective as a recovery option than Mario's cape. Doc is powerful but mario is more suited for combos. You can go with whichever you need more.

Logz

Smash Cadet
Doc's bair is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better at gimping than Mario's. Watch Shroomed vs A Rookie on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Top Bottom