• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

diferences in melee and brawl falco

Condor

Smash Cadet
In melee i played flaco as my main, and when i started playing brawl it was deffinitely different from melee. But now after playing falco for a while in brawl i think im now getting the hang of it and i have a better feel for controling him. I don't think anyone has made a list of all the differences falco has, so i wanted to list the biggest differences and feel free to add on if i forgot anything

1. down b - reflecter deffinitely different now that he actually throws out his reflctor, but i kinda like it... there are pors and cons, but its not bad and i find myself using it for a combo finisher, a knockback, or just reflecting things

2. side Smash - wow this was a big difference, i didn't realize how much i used this move until it was changed in brawl, its still strong, but different in timing

3. fast falling - another big difference is how falco seems to float much more in brawl, in melee he fell so fast i came acustom to fast air time and i would approach from the sky too often. Now jumping has a different feel from melee and this is a huge difference; it just takes some time getting used to not falling so fast and timing for ariels

4. foward air - NEVER approach and enemy on the ground with this move b/c u end up right in front of them totally vulnerable, and u do barely any damage. I have to say i don't like how they changed his spinning kick to a spinning body manuever b/c now there is barely any knockback. It is still a multiple hit move but with less knockback

5. Neutral air - Changed from a kick in the air to a sort of arm fail in the air, no complaints here its a decent move, nothing great but decent. Good way to switch up ariels from the powerful Uair, Bair, and Dair

6. A A A combo - kinda goofy looking but not bad, I do like how i can now press A + A + hold A and he continuously hits with his arms, great to use with the reflector to add a little extra damage and knock them away from u

7. Up b - I barely use this move anymore, its not that great at giving damage unless u catch a character in the flames and continue to hit the enemy in the direction you're going. Good for vertical recovery, but phantasm is usually best bet for horizontal recovery

8. Side b - Better from melee, more distance and i think a little better damage. I find myself using this more often

9. Down air - i still love this move, even tho now u have to hit a character at the right time to spike them

10. up A - double hit decent move

11. A - falco now hits with his arm instead of a kick

well thats about all i can think of, like i said it took some time for me to get used to falco's new controls. For those who mained him in melee there is a difference in the way he plays and feels but still a great character

Also, tell me what u think. Do u like the differences in Falco? And don't answer unless u have taken time to get used to him, and also consider he was a little stacked in melee and now he is on a more even playing field.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
Even though when I first played him in brawl and disliked some of his new moves, I was happy. Nintendo is one step closer to giving him a new moveset.

Aptera

Smash Cadet
Falco was my main in Melee but he's changed. I like falco in SSBM because he was fast and the foot was king, but he lost the foot and the whole game is a wee bit slower... cry cry i miss SSBM falco!

Condor

Smash Cadet
better at 1 Vs 1 or multiman

by the way i forgot to mention, is anyone else having more trouble when playing in a multi man match than one on one. I have always been better at 1 on 1, but it seems that in brawl i am even worse at multi man battles. I can rack up a decent amount of damage on everyone but i can't kill as easily... i guess its just a lack of really hard hitting moves

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
i never had trouble on multiman, my record of 100 man brawl on 2:39 secs is with falco, 10 man brawl in 17 secs is with him too, and a 19 kos in cruel brawl is with falco too, i havnt got any trouble knocking enemies

Condor

Smash Cadet
oops i meant when i am playing with every man for himself with three other people, when i said multi man i meant multi player, b/c i am much better at 1 on 1

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
neither that way, my friends hate when i use falco, cause i end killing the 3 of them

Top Bottom