• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's kill string

Cubonebonebone

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this combo/string is well known. But ever since smash got released on the 3ds I've been messing around with this string that is somewhat like the ken combo from melee. It is where diddy grabs the enemy and down throws them towards the blast zone, immediately short hops and uses 2 bairs, and finishes with another jump and a down air spike. I have killed many people with this from 0% to death, but it seems to work the best at around 20%. I made a video showcasing it below. I would be glad to hear your imput and whether or not you already knew about this.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I really like this, good find. Certainly not a combo but it's something I'll try to work into my game.

Dashum

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dashum
3DS FC
2552-1818-2020
Thanks for sharing. Time to hit training mode and refuse to leave until I do it 20 times in a row!

Any idea if/how light/small characters alters it?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Oh yeah, this is something that I've been doing for a bit. It's the most satisfying thing ever to land this.

Lighter characters are able to get an air dodge out instead of jump or just go with the knockback and escape punish. Unless they do the latter, you can still get a read off and get a kill.

Cubonebonebone

Smash Cadet
Thanks for sharing. Time to hit training mode and refuse to leave until I do it 20 times in a row!

Pretty much what Dr. Lobster said. Also it is far harder to land the Dair spike on smaller characters like pikachu

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Ive been doing the dthrow to dair on the edge, works sometimes. never seen this string with bairs before though, nice stuff.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Yeah, I've been practicing Dthrow-->Dair on the edge at around 30-40%, but this looks cool t get it even earlier

Top Bottom