• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy vs. Pit

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
I always play against my Friend who is the only one I know who got SSBB here in Germany and he mains Pit... Id dont know what to to in lots of Situations!
Pits Arrows are annoying, his reflecting Forward B gives me no Chance to use my Peanutpistols, It feels like my bananas are less effective against Pit -__- and its very hard to land a Diddy Hump on to him...

Do you have effective Tipps for me?

Thanks and Greetz from Germany, Josch ;)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I don't have the greatest advice to fight Pit, but what I try to do is get in close with Diddy's speed to minimize Pit's projectile game. I also try to get behind him whenever possible because that's where he's most vulnerable. Lastly, when Pit gets hit he flies easily, so a smash attack at the right moment could KO him quickly if you can get the knockoff, otherwise he'll just fly back onto the stage. I haven't had luck beating a human Pit either, so hopefully this new thread will bring about great ideas.

Good luck beating your friend.

Samigi

Smash Cadet
This is the way I always start the match....

I always run up to the person, cartwheel em, and then follow up with an up A. From there, I just fight. I can imagine this not working against a Pit (I use him also) seeing as most of the time he could just fire arrows safely from a distance. Try using the Diddy Kick instead of the hump, its good for approaching and attacking at the same time.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Also note that Diddy can crawl and if you kneel down arrows will fly over your head. In other words you can attempt to get in range for the Diddy Kick and surprise them.

KoopaKoopaParatroopa

Smash Apprentice
^ crawling/crouching doesn't work for Pit (for obvious reason) . so don't try it :p

I suggest having a banana in your hand to throw at Pit and make him move around so he doesn't try to camp. I think your best bet is to keep him in the air and nair/uair/bair, fair at moderately high %s. Don't try to get behind him in the air because his bair is one of his KO moves.

Scorchio17

Smash Rookie
Just try and land a solid hit and you're golden. Pit's recovery, godly as it may be, falls to Diddy's dair like a Jenga tower to a recovering crack addict.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Keep bananas on hand.
Grabbing is a great way to temporarily throw Pit's game off.
Try not to get too close. Pit's close range game is kinda scary.
Keep poking and throwing bananas (popgun is useless against Pit)
Learn all of Diddy's advanced tricks and techniques, since Pit really lacks incredibly advanced or broken techniques.

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Thing with Pit is that if you get too close (and since most Pit players are annoying spammers) they'll probably spam hi side-B. Approach by rolling, and if you get a chance, throw a banana and follow-up with an Uair and go on with Diddy's great aerial game. Throwing is good too; run up to him, and play a mindgame by stopping with a shield and hitting up on the C-stick, Diddy will grab Pit and you can go on from there. I like the down-throw to Fair combo at high percentages myself.

But be careful with bananas, as Pit can reflect them and make them work against you. Be creative with your banana game, you'll kill Pit easily with practice.

Also, don't stop moving! Use Diddy's speed to your advantage.

Top Bottom